Pioneer SK909L needs a bath!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Northerner

Member (SA)
Apr 16, 2012
North West UK
Picked this up from a Boomboxery Facebook group person on a 400 mile round trip.

IMG_5471.JPG

Before he got it up it lived in a car repair workshop so whilst the outside had had a wipe down the inside was pretty grim! Needed to at least get rid of the spider in the tuner dial!

IMG_5580.JPG

Lots of greasy fluff :-(

IMG_5583.JPG

Can't cope with such muck so it needed cleaning :-)

IMG_5584.JPG

Speakers are pretty grim too

IMG_5585.JPG

Casing gets the usual bath...well a bucket at least.

IMG_5582.JPG

Starting to come together...

IMG_5586.JPG

Still need to paint the speakers then I need to decide whether I want to take most of the workings out to rebelt the deck...looks like a lot has to come out to do it!

Radio raheem

Member (SA)
May 13, 2009
uk
you're nearly there Si....as far as i remember the 2 back boards need to come out, then you're nearly at the deck, the deck is easy to re belt, just getting to it lol

am i the only one with a fully working one of these haha...i also have the box somewhere :-)

Northerner

Member (SA)
Apr 16, 2012
North West UK
If it's just the two boards at the back then that's not impossible I reckon. It's a beautiful quality machine so maybe I'll give it a go :-)

Radio raheem

Member (SA)
May 13, 2009
uk
you have the main back board si, then another big board underneath that, i used to do the whole thing in 45 minutes lad...i wouldn't dream of it now though...the trick is putting the boards back together without shorting them out buddy :-)

Northerner

Member (SA)
Apr 16, 2012
North West UK
Cpl-Chronic said:
Beautiful job mate!! I wanted one of these for so long...maybe 1 day...

Cheers,
Cpl
Yeh me too, they don't come round very often sadly

Radio-Active said:
Those are so rad!
I love the EQ slider cluster.
Well worth a day in the car.
Yeh the eq is fab...you can adjust the sound a lot. It was a long journey in busy British roads but worth it :-)

samovar

Member (SA)
Jun 7, 2014
Italy
Great score Si, the 909 is a deluxe unit, and so iconic! I promise she'll be a jewel when she leaves your beauty parlor :-)

T-STER

Member (SA)
Jul 14, 2014
UK
Yup beautiful unit and Si is elbow deep repairing the deck at the moment, i hope it all comes good for you bro :thumbsup:

Radio raheem

Member (SA)
May 13, 2009
uk
omg.....you're not meant to do it like that si bro....fark, i wish you all the best...omg i can't believe it

edit, you got her going, WOW deep respect lad :-)

Northerner

Member (SA)
Apr 16, 2012
North West UK
Rimmer36 said:
omg.....you're not meant to do it like that si bro....fark, i wish you all the best...omg i can't believe it
Lol...ever the comedian Reno 😂

The service manual disagrees lol

Hurb said:
Traded a Philips Elephant for one a couple of years ago. Sound is amazing for the size! Missing a slider from the eq... hope to find one some day!
Great work Si!!
Wow that's a good trade! :-)

Radio raheem

Member (SA)
May 13, 2009
uk
Rimmer36 said:

Love ya si, you're a far braver man than me and you fixed her....Deep respect dude :-)

Northerner

Member (SA)
Apr 16, 2012
North West UK
Rimmer36 said:

Love ya si, you're a far braver man than me and you fixed her....Deep respect dude :-)
Thanks Reno. Not quite sorted but almost there. Sadly I have to go to work today otherwise I'd be on it...damn job lol

Status
Not open for further replies.