2018 Z06 = old guys rule

Status
Not open for further replies.

redbenjoe

I Am Legend
May 6, 2009
florida
today --was a nice day --drove about in a friends 650 HP // THREE second powerhouse vette

' back in the day ' i had a few SIX seconds cars :: a 67 vette big block with tri-power = 435 HP
and an original all aluminum AC Shelby Cobra --

but this new vette accelerated at TWICE that rate

kinda fun !!!

Attachments

T-STER

Member (SA)
Jul 14, 2014
UK
Damn that is a badass motor. The new Corvettes are pretty special to, no more live rear axle, they genuinely compete with the best European sports cars. No low capacity highly strung turbo engine either, a nice big supercharged V8 with shed loads of torque.

I will take one, in black please...

ford93

Member (SA)
May 7, 2009
Former New Yorker
T-STER said:
Damn that is a badass motor. The new Corvettes are pretty special to, no more live rear axle, they genuinely compete with the best European sports cars. No low capacity highly strung turbo engine either, a nice big supercharged V8 with shed loads of torque.

I will take one, in black please...
I'm with you T-STER!

Black on Black with wide treads on the rear and deep dish rims!

Oh and a bangin' sound system! Yeeeeeeeeesssssssss!!

Ira you lucky dog how was your heart rate? :jawdrop: :jawdrop:

trippy1313

Member (SA)
Jul 16, 2013
Seattle-Tacoma, WA
Ira, you had an original, aluminum Cobra??? That's been probably my top dream car forever. I've come to settle eventually I'd like a kit car, but I still want am aluminum one. Only one or two companies out there I think make/made them that I know of. But maybe one day

JVC Floyd

Inactive (Delete)
May 6, 2009
Maryland USA.
I just wish they would the same setup as the gtr transmission and shifting wise because with that mid engine putting the power down that will make a big difference in the hookup at launch. Also the vette engine as good as it is just becoming outdated. Basically we need a twin turbo v6 all wheel drive paddle shifting dual clutch mid engine american made car in order to shut everybody up lol.

Those vettes are wicked ****ing machines, its the next best thing to real pussy and I can't afford either one .

Pretty soon as fast as these cars are getting they'll have to Install bed pans and barf bags on the passenger side because there's always some mother ****er who thinks its a good idea to demonstrate the performance for their moms or spouses lol.

redbenjoe

I Am Legend
May 6, 2009
florida
trippy1313 said:
Ira, you had an original, aluminum Cobra??? That's been probably my top dream car forever. I've come to settle eventually I'd like a kit car, but I still want am aluminum one. Only one or two companies out there I think make/made them that I know of. But maybe one day
hey trippy --it was such a simple and gorgeous design --LOVED it -
but it was so ultra-light ( about 1700 lbs ) that it was dangerous at over 80 mph on an open highway --
because the front wheels would almost lift off the road = NO steering control !!!
and when i passed anything of size --the extra wind would move it over an entire lane = more dangerous

trippy1313

Member (SA)
Jul 16, 2013
Seattle-Tacoma, WA
redbenjoe said:
but it was so ultra-light ( about 1700 lbs ) that it was dangerous at over 80 mph on an open highway --
because the front wheels would almost lift off the road = NO steering control !!!
and when i passed anything of size --the extra wind would move it over an entire lane = more dangerous
Wow that's crazy. Your the first person I've heard that from. That's interesting to hear. Sounds kinda scary. I'm a little surprised nobody talks about that. I suppose they wouldn't want to spend all the money they are these days to say that. Haha.

redbenjoe

I Am Legend
May 6, 2009
florida
those cool original aluminum cobras were not used much as ' highway ' transportation -
instead there were the absolute fastest stoplight-to-stoplight street racers :hooray: :clap:

Lasonic TRC-920

Feb 16, 2010
Naples, Italy
redbenjoe said:
No relaxing while behind the wheel of that. With the price those things trade for these days, 99.9999% of us will never have the opportunity to find out. That's so cool you got to play with one and didn't end up all James Dean'd.

bklyn sound

Member (SA)
Dec 7, 2011
Well I'm not to far behind !!!!!!!!!!!!!! My 2018 Grandsport
Globs of power !!!!! The z06 is an animal but the grandsport in my opinion is all the vette I need for the track.... I ran a 12.30 1/4 mile with no tire prep on a 85 degree track night ...
I love it more than enough power for this old racer ....

Attachments

bklyn sound

Member (SA)
Dec 7, 2011
JVC Floyd said:
I just wish they would the same setup as the gtr transmission and shifting wise because with that mid engine putting the power down that will make a big difference in the hookup at launch. Also the vette engine as good as it is just becoming outdated. Basically we need a twin turbo v6 all wheel drive paddle shifting dual clutch mid engine american made car in order to shut everybody up lol.
Those vettes are wicked farking machines, its the next best thing to real poo-nanny and I can't afford either one .
Pretty soon as fast as these cars are getting they'll have to Install bed pans and barf bags on the passenger side because there's always some mother farker who thinks its a good idea to demonstrate the performance for their moms or spouses lol.
what's up Floyd ..... my grandsport it automatic with paddle shifters and it's equipt with launch control gm is getting close but this 8 speed is the best transmission I ever had in a corvette it hooks up and goes
The rear tires are 335 wide so lots of traction with these tires

JVC Floyd

Inactive (Delete)
May 6, 2009
Maryland USA.
Well I just want to see some american made cars shut that miserable ****ing Nissan gtr up , I don't care if its a goddam ford pinto .
I loved the vetted my whole life and I can remember a time when they were more for getting pussy than for racing.

bklyn sound

Member (SA)
Dec 7, 2011
JVC Floyd said:
Well I just want to see some american made cars shut that miserable farking Nissan gtr up , I don't care if its a goddam ford pinto .
I loved the vetted my whole life and I can remember a time when they were more for getting poo-nanny than for racing.
I got a few in my day with the z06 btw had lsx454😂😂

Status
Not open for further replies.