JVC CX-710ME renovation and mods...

Status
Not open for further replies.

bugpat

Member (SA)
Hi,
This pretty box just arrived home today... It was one of my grails :clap:
First, before cleaning it, I tested it, and everything is perfectly (really) working, exept the tape counter !
I tested the TV, and fed it with my other modded JVC CX-60 which has an integrated DVB tuner...

Test of the tape recorder :

Then I cleaned it. All I have to do is some cosmetic renovation (there is a bit missing in the top gate), but nothing difficult. Then I will just respray the gate.
I ordered a mini dvb tuner and will integrate it later...

To be continued...

ELzekio

Member (SA)
Nov 20, 2016
Currently working on the same unit. Looking more and more likley thats it is going to need a complete tuner alignment,

In doing some looking on the tuner board, i found some voltages that are really out of place so i am hoping i can find a bad component, but im not betting on it.

Dont have the materials or experience to do a tuner alignment Yet.

bugpat

Member (SA)
ELzekio said:
Currently working on the same unit. Looking more and more likley thats it is going to need a complete tuner alignment,

In doing some looking on the tuner board, i found some voltages that are really out of place so i am hoping i can find a bad component, but im not betting on it.

Dont have the materials or experience to do a tuner alignment Yet.
Yes, I saw you topic, and guess that the realignment will not be easy to do...

bugpat

Member (SA)
Wanted to see what's waiting to me, I opened the thing at midday...
There's a lot of people inside... :lol:
Maybe I will rebelt it (the tape counter is working now...), but that means to entirely dismantle it... Will see that when the dvb tuner will arrive...

Status
Not open for further replies.