RIP Tom Petty

Status
Not open for further replies.

MyOhMy

Member (SA)
Jul 26, 2015
Sleaford, Lincolnshire, UK.
R.I.P.

He was a brilliant musician although I feel many younger folk will not realise or appreciate the enormous contribution Tom Petty made on vinyl/tape, live performances, collaborations, song writing and the silver screen over so many years. He will be remembered for a very long time.

trippy1313

Member (SA)
Jul 16, 2013
Seattle-Tacoma, WA
Well today was a crazy one with the continuing news of Vegas, and this back and forth news of Tom Petty. But it's official, he passed at 8:40pm tonight.

He had easily one of the most recognizable voices out there. I honestly can say, his voice probably wasn't the best singing voice, but he was able to use it in such am amazing way that he sounded great. I love so many of his songs and will miss him.

I'm glad he was someone I actually got to see in concert. Being a "younger" guy listening to classic rock, so many of my favorites are either separated or passed away, before I got a chance to see them. Tom Petty is one of the few I have been able to. And I'll never forget that concert either, him "Flying" around the stage arms spread out like a bird. RIP Tom. Heaven awaits.

Status
Not open for further replies.