Do Boombox Sound Offs Happen?

Status
Not open for further replies.

JVC Floyd

Inactive (Delete)
May 6, 2009
Maryland USA.
I wish there was ,but I would not compete with production boomboxes because in my opinion you are just showcasing other peoples work and designs. To really compete you have to design it yourself.

snedboy

Member (SA)
Aug 16, 2017
Scotland
JVC Floyd said:
I wish there was ,but I would not compete with production boomboxes because in my opinion you are just showcasing other peoples work and designs. To really compete you have to design it yourself.
That's kinda what I was thinking. After all you wouldn't enter a car sound off with the factory fitted sound system. Going by some of the modded boxes on this site I think a sound off for modded boxes would be pretty amazing

jimmyjimmy19702010

Member (SA)
May 5, 2012
Sunny Brisbane, Australia
If it's just a competition for the 'loudest box', then by far the easiest and cheapest solution is to do a Bumpboxx and just build a big Class D mono box.

TBH, no vintage factory box can hang with even a low powered 12V class D box powering high efficiency drivers and tweeters.

A comp testing the 'Best sound quality' can tend to be a little too subjective for the varying tastes of people. Most people will agree however, that a big Mono box won't win a sound quality comp. :-)

Status
Not open for further replies.