Bumpboxx uprock v1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Transistorized

Member (SA)
Jun 19, 2012
USA
Well Bumpboxx is now accepting pre orders for the 800Watt (400 RMS) uprock v1. I'm sure this will be insane in the db category. I love my Bumpboxx freestyle which is only 150 watts RMS. 400Watts RMS should blow your doors off. For me, since I already have a powerful mono, I think I am going to wait until January when the smaller V4 comes out. It's in stereo. For those who want a loud mono, the uprock v1 hits 123dbs :-)

Specs below. Enjoy :-)

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=1593122820709313&id=1198551210166478

blu_fuz

Staff member
Jun 3, 2009
WI
Transistorized said:
Where did you find info out about a smaller V4 in stereo???
On Facebook discussions under the UpRock V1 comments sections. Screenshot captured below:
FB_uprock.jpg
Well, the followers can't find every post if they hide them in the replies...... Maybe I should pull my V3 order and wait.

Lasonic TRC-920

Feb 16, 2010
Naples, Italy
So, while I was in China, I spent a few days at the factory with Dave and Rob helping work with the technicians to tune the amplifier for this box. A very interesting process.

First, you will never understand how GARGANTUAN this thing is until you see it in person! The very fact that it plays on a battery is mind bending. And to say it is simply Loud, doesn't even come close. In a room 20' x 30' it is impossible to yell over and be heard even standing side by side yelling into your ear.

Rob has said, this isn't a "Walk around box". Your not going to shoulder it and be strutting down the street. However, in an outdoor setting, say on a soccer field or at the beach, this thing will deliver the goods. If you have ever taken a classic blaster to the beach then you know, if you get with in 20 feet of a pounding surf, the music is gone. GONE! This machine fixes that problem.

Also, if you simply want to have the single loudest portable beast available, here it is.

If you do have a chance to see it, you will notice many interesting design cues, like the bevel-less, near-flush mounted speaker grills, glowing Bumpboxx logo, LED VU Power meter among others.

Per everyone's comments, they have moved the IR sensor for the remote to the front of the box as well as changed the handle shape, charging system, function control (now starts on Bluetooth on power up), up'd the microphone quality and much more. Not just on this box but also on the brand new V3.

And if this isn't your cup of tea, no worries, the Bumpboxx Classic is on it's way!

mmc4009

Nov 17, 2016
The low bass response and sheer loudness sounds insane in the latest videos on their facebook page! I have mines on order!

ToyKalibur

Member (SA)
Jan 17, 2018
West Coast
jimmyjimmy19702010 said:
Feels like I'm being sold to by the Bumpboxx marketing machine everywhere I turn on this site. :lol:
Then this should be refreshing then... I bought a V2 at Black Friday with doing apparently very little research. Only after I got it did I find out they were mono. To date, they do not make a stereo radio... yet. Now since I had my dealing with Glenn (founder 4) and he handles customer service in the most horrible way he can, for another issue (leds not working properly), I am disgusted with his replies as to why my Bumpboxx is not working the way it should. Nowhere on their site do they mention their radios are not in stereo and I have been banned from their Facebook page for saying so to others as I am still a customer of theirs. I had the radio back in the box and was going to send it back for a full refund when I realized that I could make this thing stereo and better than what it is myself for just a little bit more money. I bought my jokeboxx for 374 so why not. Now I am not far from starting to make my videos of the process for good ole' Youtube on it's transformation. I am excited about it again. It's just a real damn shame though these people couldn't do it right the first time and now that they are blowing up, makes me wonder what others are going to say when they release their "Stereo" version of a Bumpboxx.

Superduper

Member (SA)
I have heard from others that bumpboxx conducts an extremely aggressive reputation protection campaign which includes pressure to delete posts, down to downright banning to prevent dissenting negative comments or sharing of unattractive reviews. I have no personal knowledge, since I don't participate in any way as these mono bluetooth devices aren't things I'm into. This is nothing new however since online business' that have faced backlash have spawned a whole new industry of business' devoted to practices (such as reputation.com) whose sole purpose of existence is to monitor and counter negative reviews & comments by (i.e. flooding with positive reviews & comments to drown out and dilute the neg.) This is generally when the business does not control the ability to censor negative material. In cases like facebook where the owner of the facebook site can censor, they control what material is posted or what members can participate so it's probably not the best source for evaluative information or reviews. I understand the desire to protect and bolster reputation but disagree that such practices are the best way to handle dissatisfaction of customers. Rather, listening to customers & their concerns and adjusting their products to meet customers expectations is a much better approach imho. It seems like the same complaints over and over again which tells me the the issues are easily identified which means that they can be addressed, if they want to.

Reli

Member (SA)
Dec 24, 2010
USA
I have not heard that about Bumpboxx, but it's their right to handle their FB page however they want. DiamondBoxx and Thodio, on the other hand, venture onto other sites like YouTube and bash competitor's videos, insult people, etc.

jimmyjimmy19702010

Member (SA)
May 5, 2012
Sunny Brisbane, Australia
I think most Bumpboxx owners would prefer their box to offer a full stereo experience - like pretty much everything else on the market that has a pair of tweeters and drivers arranged in a ‘stereo looking’ format.

You’re not fooling anyone, anymore Bumpboxx. You can make it ‘look stereo’ but you can never make it ‘sound stereo’.

BTW, we all know these Bumpboxxes aren’t cheaply priced but for goodness sake, with all of the reliability issues, they must be cheaply made.

Superduper

Member (SA)
Anyone that owns a stereo Boombox with a stereo/mono selector would agree that a Boombox in stereo is far and away more lively, dynamic, spacious and colorful sounding than a mono. You only have to flip the switch back & forth to hear the night/day difference.

@Reli, I can assure you that I’ve heard these complaints from others, similar to what the fella a few posts back said, but due to fear of bully reprisals, have expressed this to me in confidence and not publicly.

JVC Floyd

Inactive (Delete)
May 6, 2009
Maryland USA.
Somebody should a looked on eBay at the Chinese version they must have stolen the design lol.
That **** cracked me up .
but the name was cool even though I forgot what it was.

Radio raheem

Member (SA)
May 13, 2009
uk
Mono went out in the 70's for christ sake, anyway im happy with what i have, don't need anything new

Reli

Member (SA)
Dec 24, 2010
USA
JVC Floyd said:
Somebody should a looked on eBay at the Chinese version they must have stolen the design lol.
That shiat cracked me up .
but the name was cool even though I forgot what it was.
Akoustiq Bassonix X-1

Either it's a copy, or it's from the same exact factory, lol.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/AKOUSTIQ-BASSONIX-X1-BOOMBOX/273024003155?hash=item3f917fac53:g:z~EAAOSwlzRaWmQj

Notice the box claims there's a passive radiator somewhere, but there isn't. Notice it also says it's stereo, but who knows. Could be a language translation error.

Status
Not open for further replies.