Need Help problem with VINIX VPC 6704

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trommelmops

Member (SA)
Apr 20, 2017
Brandenburg, Germany
Dear members and followers,

today i fixes as good as i can my VINIX and so far so good. I solved the problems with the VU Meters and they works fine now.

But i got a problem with the right channel when i play a tape. Radio works very well and when i record something and

use the mic mix function also.

But when i play a tape on the right channel you can only hear a hum.

Also when i record and after that i play the tape is only what you can hear a hum. Not when i use the radio.

Balance works also good. Only in playmode.

Is there anyone who can help me with this??????????

Where could be the problem located?

And a additional prob: I dont know if its right but when the tape is rewinded the tapedeck doesnt stops then automaticly.

Is this ok? And it is too slow......The speed is to slow. Is this why the belt is not correct? I have change it cause the original was to

long with the time. My new not original is smaler.

I would be gratefull for all your help :yes:

20170902_173453.jpg

JVC Floyd

Inactive (Delete)
May 6, 2009
Maryland USA.
Sounds like your issue is a dirty record bar, its the switch that engaged when you press record , when it gets dirty the signal's are intermittent sometimes non existent. usually pressing record then stop several dozen times helps clear it up, and as far as the auto stop it could be too much slack in the belts also check the tape counter belt as recently stated these can effect the auto stop function.

Trommelmops

Member (SA)
Apr 20, 2017
Brandenburg, Germany
The counterbelt looks very well. The recordswitch i have already switched severeal times, but maybee not enough.

I have measured the belt and first i order a new one. Maybee the autostopfunction is then ok with the new belt.

I make some trys with the recordswitch. So we see what happend.

The beltsize is 1,3mm squared and 225mm lenght.......so i have measured. Its a belt which is 6% streched then......

Trommelmops

Member (SA)
Apr 20, 2017
Brandenburg, Germany
A little update:

i have used a little contact spray from the good one and then i have a little help from a friend, after i moved the switch several times it goes.

The hum is history :thumbsup: both sides are works fine now, only the slack in the belt is the problem. I ordered already a new one.

So we see whats happend.

I have a question: What ist the function of the OSZ knob on the top????????

Status
Not open for further replies.