Rob Halford Documentary

Status
Not open for further replies.

ralrein1

Member (SA)
Yeah that was f cking awesome! The memories of all the J.P. albums as the came out in my life. Thanks for posting this Chris. You know I can remember my first exposure to Priest was in 1980. A friend of mines older brother brought a boombox on the school bus and he was jamming some Hell Bent for Leather. We were freshmen and my buddy Todd older bro was a senior. I asked who that was,he showed me the cassette tape case. Well I knew I had to get me some of that kick ass ROCK! So I did,then British Steel. Man I was hooked on the metal.Those were catch up days for me as those two albums came out when I was in like 6th and then 7th grade. Then I found out(in 80\81) that Priest had put out Point of Entry. Had to get it too. Well I was a bone a fied metal head from then on out.So after that my sophomore year,1982 I guess Screaming for Vengeance came out! Look the hell out. I think I drove my parents crazy with that one! Then in 83,my junior year it was time to play catch up yet again with the early Priest albums, Rocks Rolla and Sad Wings of Destiny. These were strange,primitive sounding J.P. albums compared to the afore mentioned ones. Yet I liked'em and also the album Stained Class. Yes much catching up indeed was done that year. So then my Senior year(1984)rolls around and jackpot a new Priest album comes out. Defenders of the Faith! Rad,the follow up album to the highly successful Screaming for Vengeance album. What an awesome graduation present from J.P.! Lots of great memories,I could go on about were I was and what I was doing when Turbo came out and Ram it Down and Painkiller. Man I tell ya,from a somewhat misspent youth to a young adult. To now as a middle aged adult J.P. has been there. What did he say? Forty friken years!?! Man o man the memories.......... Thanks again for posting this.👍👍

Oh and at about twenty mins in. There's a fan holding a Panasonic rx-5050. Not a bad box for listening to some JP!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.