Wonderful sunday !

Status
Not open for further replies.

stevenrob

Member (SA)
Sep 6, 2016
France, North
Hi,
Since I started my collection of boombox, I wished to have boomox uniquely with two antennas because I find it nicer. But there is still a model for which I was ready to make an exception : the Panasonic RX 5500 because I find it too beautiful. Last Sunday I was in a garage sale and I discovered a dusty and nicotined boombox : It was him ! Sold 10 euros, I finally negotiated at 7 euros ! This is the result after a great cleaning. Wonderful sunday :clap:

Best regards

Attachments

JVC Floyd

Inactive (Delete)
May 6, 2009
Maryland USA.
Killer box!.
These are built like tanks and have great sound, not bass heavy but overall very well balanced sound and loud too. No other smaller mid sized Panasonic can approach the build quality of the 5500.

T-STER

Member (SA)
Jul 14, 2014
UK
Yeah these are stunning for a mid size box, i have a couple and they are well built with great decks. Congrats, 7 euros is a bargain!

THAFUZZ

Member (SA)
May 5, 2009
Midwest, USA
I met an older gentleman who repaired old tube radios. He was repairing mine, when I noticed he had that same radio in his home. almost new looking. I tried, and tried but he wasn't ready to sell it to me. My loss. Congratulations on your score! :thumbsup:

Reli

Member (SA)
Dec 24, 2010
USA
Killer box!.
These are built like tanks and have great sound, not bass heavy but overall very well balanced sound and loud too. No other smaller mid sized Panasonic can approach the build quality of the 5500.
What he said!

It weighs exactly the same as a Crown 850, a much bigger box!

Status
Not open for further replies.