Coming soon from Bumpboxx.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dr DER

Member (SA)
Jan 30, 2015
Refferside Cali
I am sharing this post we shared on Facebook. For those of you that do not use Facebook.Just because you are in this group we will share some exciting news. Bumpboxx has plans to release 4 more models this year. Including a smaller model and a larger model. We will share pictures with this group before any others. Thank you for being loyal Bumpboxx supporters!. So with that being said get ready as I have said before the future is bright for bumpboxx . Here is a sneak peek of one of the new models out before the end of the year.IMG_3101.JPG

Dr DER

Member (SA)
Jan 30, 2015
Refferside Cali
It's LOUD... The bass hits so hard the box almost did a 360 on the ground from the vibration .. we actually had to put rubber feet on it .

Reli

Member (SA)
Dec 24, 2010
USA
Dave, so they already have a working model of it? NICE

baddboybill said:
Cool im intersted to find out actual dimensions. I know they reported sound is like 3 se's together
I'm guessing about 37-38" wide and 21-22" tall without the handle

jimmyjimmy19702010

Member (SA)
May 5, 2012
Sunny Brisbane, Australia
Hmmmm.................

I don't know how they calculate '800 watts' but this new model should be much louder than the previous Freestyle model with twice as many drivers + 2 mid speakers. :rock:

But, I predict it will have less deep bass than the Freestyle model.

Check out the deep cabinet the guys over at Diamondboxx used on their big unit: Now that's how it's done. :-)
IMG_4116.PNG
IMG_4119.PNG

I like the frontal view of the new model. The all-black with the blue LED VUs would look spectacular at night. Very nicely styled IMHO but that handle looks like the ones fitted to the glass doors at my local bank. :-)IMG_4117.PNG

Reli

Member (SA)
Dec 24, 2010
USA
Well I'm sure it's ported on the back. Doesn't that reduce the need for a lot of volume?

jimmyjimmy19702010

Member (SA)
May 5, 2012
Sunny Brisbane, Australia
Reli said:
Well I'm sure it's ported on the back. Doesn't that reduce the need for a lot of volume?
It's the opposite actually. Sealed cabinets need much less air volume than a ported system. 4 x 8 inch drivers need between 2.16 and 3.84 cubic feet of air in a ported system. That's free air plus the space taken up by all of the other internal components like speakers, batteries, amps etc.

These guys know what they're doing - I think compromises had to be made to 'keep the look' and to keep it lightweight.

Anyway, none of this really matters. Offering the loudest box with the most dBs seems to be the approach of these guys - and hey, the Freestyle was a huge success! :rock: Can't argue with that! :lol:

I wish them good luck with the 4 new models - if the sales of the Freestyle model are anything to go by, I'm sure they'll sell container loads of the new models. :-)

Dr DER

Member (SA)
Jan 30, 2015
Refferside Cali
This new box is made of totally different type of wood. Internals are totally upgraded. And the designer designed it to maximize its performance in that cabinet. The bass is insane. Not to mention super clear at all volume and any genre of music.

blu_fuz

Staff member
Jun 3, 2009
WI
Wowsa, I'll be watching.

What about these units they shared on FB?

v3.jpg

Reli

Member (SA)
Dec 24, 2010
USA
Round handle = more comfortable than a sharp-cornered handle, especially when you're talking about a 35 pound radio.

Status
Not open for further replies.