Posted 28 July 2017 - 04:58 AM

You're right, here it is!

http://stereo2go.org...rp-ct-6001.593/

159,800 Yen retail price, that's the highest I've ever seen for a boombox

WOW, yep, there is is. 

I found this picture online next to the 5P-37H

It's a big boy....

Attached File  Sharp CT-6001.jpg   91.65K   1 downloads

I went through some old pictures and found a picture of Mile's (=ml=) CT-6001. I knew he had one. This was from 2014 at my house

Here is his thread on getting it

Attached File  20140816_141348.jpg   102.96K   1 downloads

Such a classy looking box Chris. Local member, Dan scored one of these a while back and I was amazed how bassy it was!! A real piece of useable art.

Congrats,

James..... :-)

Was this a radio that was in Australia or did your friend import it from Japan? 

When Stereomad put this on the table and fired it up, I was totally shocked! It has fantastic sound. FULL, LOUD. I had it going in the garden the other day while watering and it projects perfectly for out door use and the bass comes across even at a distance. Other than the fact that it's brutally heavy  :lol:  :lol: It's super cool

Dude that thing looks slick!!! Perfect classic boombox look, with the addition of a tv. I fricken love it's design. Very nice addition. I like it even more than your other TV box.

Yeah, those speaker rings just ooze 80's perfection!

You like it more than the JVC????? :w00t:

#32 Reli

Reli
  • Boomus Fidelis
  • 5,579 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 28 July 2017 - 05:13 AM

I still think the JVC sounds better, especially on Wide

#33 jimmyjimmy19702010

jimmyjimmy19702010
  • Members (SA)
  • 3,543 posts
  • LocationSunny Brisbane, Australia

Posted 28 July 2017 - 05:26 AM

You're right, here it is!
http://stereo2go.org...rp-ct-6001.593/
159,800 Yen retail price, that's the highest I've ever seen for a boombox

WOW, yep, there is is. 

I found this picture online next to the 5P-37H

It's a big boy....

attachicon.gifSharp CT-6001.jpg

I went through some old pictures and found a picture of Mile's (=ml=) CT-6001. I knew he had one. This was from 2014 at my house
Here is his thread on getting it

attachicon.gif20140816_141348.jpg

Such a classy looking box Chris. Local member, Dan scored one of these a while back and I was amazed how bassy it was!! A real piece of useable art.
Congrats,
James..... :-)

Was this a radio that was in Australia or did your friend import it from Japan? 

When Stereomad put this on the table and fired it up, I was totally shocked! It has fantastic sound. FULL, LOUD. I had it going in the garden the other day while watering and it projects perfectly for out door use and the bass comes across even at a distance. Other than the fact that it's brutally heavy  :lol:  :lol: It's super cool

Dude that thing looks slick!!! Perfect classic boombox look, with the addition of a tv. I fricken love it's design. Very nice addition. I like it even more than your other TV box.

Yeah, those speaker rings just ooze 80's perfection!

You like it more than the JVC????? :w00t:
It was an Aussie market 240 volt box from an estate sale from memory.

#34 Lasonic TRC-920

Lasonic TRC-920
  • Moderators
  • 14,058 posts
  • LocationNaples, Italy

Posted 28 July 2017 - 03:34 PM

I still think the JVC sounds better, especially on Wide

I'm gonna have too run them side by side and find out

It was an Aussie market 240 volt box from an estate sale from memory.

NICE, I can only imagine that this was a HIGH PRICED unit back in the day being color and all. Not sure I will ever find one, but I think there is a smaller b/w version I might be able to get my hands on.

#35 im_alan_partridge

im_alan_partridge
  • Members (SA)
  • 2,975 posts
  • LocationLondon, England.

Posted 29 July 2017 - 04:13 AM

Cool vid mate, I saw this boombox at the London meet, I actually thought it was already yours :lol:

#36 JVC Floyd

JVC Floyd
  • Boomus Fidelis
  • 6,502 posts

Posted 29 July 2017 - 05:22 AM

That silver version has bigger dust caps and cool woofer trims,these are just fantastic looking units.

#37 Lasonic TRC-920

Lasonic TRC-920
  • Moderators
  • 14,058 posts
  • LocationNaples, Italy

Posted 30 July 2017 - 08:40 AM

Cool vid mate, I saw this boombox at the London meet, I actually thought it was already yours :lol:

It depends on what time of the day it was, it may already have been!  :-D  :yes:

That silver version has bigger dust caps and cool woofer trims,these are just fantastic looking units.

Isn't it interesting how larger dust covers give it a more muscular appearance! 

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Sharp 5P-37H, TV, Sharp, UK Meet