To start a collection... (Sharp GF-9191)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Old_Schooler

Member (SA)
Jul 13, 2017
Italy
Hello to everybody.
I have not a boombox in this moment.
I would like to start a collection and I have the possibility to purchase a Sharp GF-9191.
What do you think about this boombox?
Thanks

T-STER

Member (SA)
Jul 14, 2014
UK
Yeah the 9191 has that classic look and is perfectly styled. Excellent first box. I don't have one but do have a 9292 which is similar but has LED VU meters and i love it.

Old_Schooler

Member (SA)
Jul 13, 2017
Italy
How much should I spend to buy it, maximum?
I don't want to give more money to the seller.
He wants 190 euro.
He told me it is in perfect condition and full working.
It's a good price or it's too much?

Northerner

Member (SA)
Apr 16, 2012
North West UK
Too much.

They come up all the time. In the uk they'll go around £100 on average but I've bought them for less than £50. If the deck isn't working then it's a real easy to work on box.

It would have to be absolutely mint to get anywhere near 190 euros

jimmyjimmy19702010

Member (SA)
May 5, 2012
Sunny Brisbane, Australia
Very popular box when new and thus very common these days. Very reliable workings with an easy to work on deck. It's weakest feature would be the sound output - it's no Sanyo M9994 but the styling is top notch and the engineering and overall build quality is top notch.

Good starter box for sure. Good value if under £100. Minter versions would go for more. How much more is up to you. In general, the longer you collect, the less you'll be prepared to pay for common boxes.

Heaps of info around on getting the deck working right (just in case it doesn't work as well as promised). Things to watch out for are the operation of the slider controls and the Mono/stereo/wide switch that only offers sound output from both speakers when in Mono and wide modes.

Good luck,

James..... :-)

Status
Not open for further replies.