Conion The Barbarian

Status
Not open for further replies.

SpaceLobster

Member (SA)
Jan 13, 2012
Uppsala, Sweden
​So many of you saw the post with the big collection for sale in Sweden for like a quadrillion euro or something. I did too and I noticed the Mark C100 ;). So I sent some emails a few months ago asking what the deal was. Well he was selling it all for this high price if someone wanted to buy, but if not he was keeping it. It was a longshot and he wasnt seriously believing in those kinda prices. He didnt want to sell any of the two C100s or the 777 individually.. But he did want my Sanyo 920 and he did have another box up in the attick, but it was a project.. A project Clairtone 7980 ! It was missing some things for example the transformer.. So I got it for a trade with the sanyo 920 and got the Clairtone for about 65 dollars.. :thumbsup:​ :clap: :hooray: .
I went on a train ride and picked it up and it looked alright. Then I found a transformer on this lovely forum. Unfortunately it was packed rubbish and when it arrived it had snapped in two.. BUT I was lucky enough to have it work on batteries with one of the halves. SO now its sounding great and it looks decent too! No cassette door or tray, one antenna missing but I found some knobs so its almost complete. Where do I get a good antenna in europe ? Some stuff on the tuner window too and not many screws, but Ill see what I can do. I kinda like it in its battle scarred state. Finally it pays off living in sweden haha !
​And this was the first new box in ages but I think it was a good one. The alarm on this thing is superloud haha!
​Ill post a pic of the circuit board later, maybe it can be fixed.
​And I know its not a Conion but I wanted that to be the title anyways ahaha
​
DSC07254.JPG

​DSC07250.JPG
​
​DSC07243.JPG
​
​Peace
​
​
​

JVC Floyd

Inactive (Delete)
May 6, 2009
Maryland USA.
That's my old box!,
I sent it to Ireland like 10 years ago. I know it because of the red paint drips on the tuner window and the scratch mark on the front .

Lasonic TRC-920

Feb 16, 2010
Naples, Italy
Congrats on the score!, If you source an antenna, please post.

JVC Floyd said:
That's my old box!,
I sent it to Ireland like 10 years ago. I know it because of the red paint drips on the tuner window and the scratch mark on the front .
Thats crazy Floyd and we were just talking about your old C100

SpaceLobster

Member (SA)
Jan 13, 2012
Uppsala, Sweden
ah nice Floyd, it does have red paint drips :). The former owner didnt get it from ireland what I know but maybe it has been around the block haha.
Yeah a member, but we are in the process of refunds etc and he has a previous good record so dont want to call him out even tho it was some stupid packing. Its working on batteries Im happy about that at least.
​Sure TRC-920, you got one too recently right ;) ? its a impressive thing, cant wait to blast it outside.
​
Peace
​
​

JVC Floyd

Inactive (Delete)
May 6, 2009
Maryland USA.
Lasonic TRC-920 said:
Congrats on the score!, If you source an antenna, please post.

That's my old box!,
Thats crazy Floyd and we were just talking about your old C100
Yeah amazing isn't it , part of the reason I sold it was because of the damned paint drips on the tuner window.when I bought it , it came from Canada and it took forever to arrive,I can't remember the sellers name but he was a decent seller.

caution

Member (SA)
Mar 25, 2014
Boomboxery
Nice score, the persistence paid off! These boxes are like pizza even when they're not fresh they're still great.
It's funny how grails get sold over and over without getting any TLC, and then finally... :-)

Lasonic TRC-920

Feb 16, 2010
Naples, Italy
SpaceLobster said:
ah nice Floyd, it does have red paint drips :). The former owner didnt get it from ireland what I know but maybe it has been around the block haha.
Yeah a member, but we are in the process of refunds etc and he has a previous good record so dont want to call him out even tho it was some stupid packing. Its working on batteries Im happy about that at least.
​Sure TRC-920, you got one too recently right ;) ? its a impressive thing, cant wait to blast it outside.
​
Peace
​
​
Yep, just got one, mine needs a deck door, got a 777 door on the way from THAFUZZ, gonna try to mod that in. It's going to get the full treatment, will be following your threads on yours :thumbsup: . These machines live up to the hype for sure.

JVC Floyd said:
Yeah amazing isn't it , part of the reason I sold it was because of the damned paint drips on the tuner window.when I bought it , it came from Canada and it took forever to arrive,I can't remember the sellers name but he was a decent seller.
I think that a headlight polishing kit can fix that tuner glass. I have done wonders in the past.

JVC Floyd

Inactive (Delete)
May 6, 2009
Maryland USA.
I sold it to a stereo2go member ned209 .he lived in Ireland , I think Skippy and IRA remember Ned , it was a long time ago.that guy was a crazy motherfuker lol ,but a good kind of crazy. Ned was cool.

JVC Floyd

Inactive (Delete)
May 6, 2009
Maryland USA.
Yeah conion the destroyer would be a cool name too.
I remember Ned making the cassette door for that box,there was a thread about it on the old stereo2go forum.
I'm glad the box resurfaced I just wonder where old Ned went.

Status
Not open for further replies.