Finally!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sel The Don

Member (SA)
Jun 5, 2015
Bursa, Turkey
Finally had my 4 power amplifiers delivered from my home back in Leicester. It took ages and weighs a ton but I'm over the moon they've arrived (and in one piece). Yes, I'm a serious music listener.

So, this is the kit;

2 x Counterpoint Natural Progression Mono (monoblocks) - 600 watts per channel each, coupled with my B&W Nautilus 801 Diamond Series speakers made sure my home rocked. Hernia inducing 42kg each.

Counterpoint NPS 400e - Professionally modified so running 700 WPC - This ran my Cerwin Vega VS-150 speakers (which I'm hoping will arrive in August along with my 801s). Same again, but this setup was more for parties, loud, with bass that would knock your wig off.

Counterpoint Solid 2e - the 'baby' of the group at only 400 WPC. After I split the system up (it was a multichannel setup in my cinema room) I used Monitor Audio Silver RS6 on this amp. Very sweet sounding, I loved the RS6s!

Here's a few pics I have floating around on my phone.
DSC_0714.JPG
IMG-20170221-WA0007.jpg
IMG-20170221-WA0002.jpg

T-STER

Member (SA)
Jul 14, 2014
UK
Damn thats some serious kit, I dont know much about home hifi but i know that if less is more those amps are seriously MORE. They look like they could power the death star....

-GZ-

Member (SA)
Oct 8, 2010
Boom Central
Good god man. I'm gonna have to step my game up. That is one hell of a setup you got goin. No pics of the B&W's?

Lasonic TRC-920

Feb 16, 2010
Naples, Italy
DUDE! That's when you want the people 5 blocks away to FEEL your favorite song.

I still have my original Cerwin Vega AT-15's from 1988 powered by a Carver 1200. Those Vega's are more than anyone can possibly imagine. Plenty of manufacturers made 15's back in the day, but the sheer brute force of the CV's will pull the air out of your lungs and break your furniture :lol: :w00t: :yes:

PERFECTLY PAIRED WITH THOSE AMPS TOO! My AT's are rated at 600 watts each, I'm sure yours are the same, so perfect balance.

JVC Floyd

Inactive (Delete)
May 6, 2009
Maryland USA.
Those are death machines makes you wonder wtf kind of speakers you'll be using.
My buddy is a DJ and he has 2/2400 watt qsc amps and 4 18 inch Pyle pro woofers and that **** will kill your sperm ,I stood there and the ****ing floor was moving under my feet.

Sel The Don

Member (SA)
Jun 5, 2015
Bursa, Turkey
T-STER said:
Damn thats some serious kit, I dont know much about home hifi but i know that if less is more those amps are seriously MORE. They look like they could power the death star....
The Death Star? Piffle! These babies power the sun! :)

-GZ- said:
Good god man. I'm gonna have to step my game up. That is one hell of a setup you got goin. No pics of the B&W's?
I'm afraid not bro, they've been in proper storage for about 3 years and lost all my photos off my hard drive after it took a crap. Rest assured once I have everything in my possession I'll take detailed photos.

Lasonic TRC-920 said:
DUDE! That's when you want the people 5 blocks away to FEEL your favorite song.

I still have my original Cerwin Vega AT-15's from 1988 powered by a Carver 1200. Those Vega's are more than anyone can possibly imagine. Plenty of manufacturers made 15's back in the day, but the sheer brute force of the CV's will pull the air out of your lungs and break your furniture :lol: :w00t: :yes:

PERFECTLY PAIRED WITH THOSE AMPS TOO! My AT's are rated at 600 watts each, I'm sure yours are the same, so perfect balance.
Yesssss! Another Cerwin Vega fan! I love the AT 15s,they're a humane way of beating your internal organs to a pulp. :)
I bet your system sounda mean! Would love to have a demo of it sometime. How does your Carver amp sound? It's signature?
JVC Floyd said:
Those are death machines makes you wonder wtf kind of speakers you'll be using.
My buddy is a DJ and he has 2/2400 watt qsc amps and 4 18 inch Pyle pro woofers and that shiat will kill your sperm ,I stood there and the farking floor was moving under my feet.
4 18s would be a proper earthquake, that must have some rumble!

Sel The Don

Member (SA)
Jun 5, 2015
Bursa, Turkey
Mate that's a gorgeous setup. Which Kenwoods do you have, and what are the taller speakers with the side firing woofers? They look fabulous.

-GZ-

Member (SA)
Oct 8, 2010
Boom Central
Kenwood KM-X1000. I have 3....looking for a 4th. Towers are Boston Acoustics VR975...I'm done with them. Blew both of the subs.

Sel The Don

Member (SA)
Jun 5, 2015
Bursa, Turkey
Those Kenwoods are bloody beautiful! I'm always coming across hi-fi gear so if Im offered one I'll let you know.

Here's a few more shots of the NPMs, along with my TRC 931 so you get a good idea of the size of these amps.

DSC_0783.JPG
DSC_0785.JPG
DSC_0786.JPGDSC_0787.JPG
DSC_0789.JPG
DSC_0790.JPG

ajaymishra

Member (SA)
Apr 15, 2018
Hi,

[SIZE=11pt]I also have Cerwin Vega vs 150 too its best to use slow blow[/SIZE][SIZE=11pt].[/SIZE] [SIZE=11pt]They [/SIZE][SIZE=11pt]play good lows and I am gonna have them all my life. The bad thing is my tweeters are blown[/SIZE][SIZE=11pt],[/SIZE][SIZE=11pt] so I have to get new tweeters and set a[/SIZE][SIZE=11pt] stronger amp[/SIZE][SIZE=11pt].[/SIZE] [SIZE=11pt]I[/SIZE][SIZE=11pt] got the new sl5m by cerwin-vega[/SIZE][SIZE=11pt].[/SIZE] [SIZE=11pt]So [/SIZE][SIZE=11pt]I got tweets till I [/SIZE][SIZE=11pt]get [/SIZE][SIZE=11pt]vs-150 tweets[/SIZE][SIZE=11pt],[/SIZE][SIZE=11pt] then its good[/SIZE][SIZE=11pt].[/SIZE][SIZE=11pt] I love this series.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=11pt]-------------------------[/SIZE]
[SIZE=11pt]Thanks and Regards[/SIZE]
[SIZE=11pt]Ajay Mishra[/SIZE]
[SIZE=11pt]Webworld Experts Reviews[/SIZE]

Status
Not open for further replies.