• Please log in to reply
36 replies to this topic

#31 Superduper

Superduper
  • Boomus Fidelis
  • 7,261 posts
  • LocationSomewhere over the rainbow, USA

Posted 18 June 2017 - 05:47 PM

If the 945 case is the same, I am in business.

Chris, the 945 case, I'm pretty sure can be swapped.  I think I had a spare 945/950 back case one at one time but tossed it to save room.

Boombox stacked walls look really cool, but I have never myself stacked a wall.  First the large black units usually at or near the bottom typically have the lightest/thinnest cases and I am simply too paranoid for fear of exactly what has happened here, especially with how clumsy I am nowadays.  If I ever do stack a wall, it would only for a moment to snap a photo and them everything gets their own space, or they are boxed up.

#32 panabox1

panabox1
  • Members
  • 74 posts

Posted 19 June 2017 - 02:41 AM

Oh no. So sorry this happened. 😳

#33 Lasonic TRC-920

Lasonic TRC-920
  • Moderators
  • 13,263 posts
  • LocationNaples, Italy

Posted 19 June 2017 - 06:41 AM

Nothin' worse than when a box comes a tumbling down.So sorry to see that Chris. I wish you all the best in the upcoming repairs on this one. I hope in the end its made better than when you got it. It most likely will.

Thanks R1, I want to open the box up and have a look before I plug it in. I don;t want it going up in flames to add to the damage. Once I get my stomach back, I will.

If the 945 case is the same, I am in business.

Chris, the 945 case, I'm pretty sure can be swapped.  I think I had a spare 945/950 back case one at one time but tossed it to save room.

Boombox stacked walls look really cool, but I have never myself stacked a wall.  First the large black units usually at or near the bottom typically have the lightest/thinnest cases and I am simply too paranoid for fear of exactly what has happened here, especially with how clumsy I am nowadays.  If I ever do stack a wall, it would only for a moment to snap a photo and them everything gets their own space, or they are boxed up.

Yeah, stacking can be an issue, I'll be ordering more shelves soon. But for now, that's they way they are.

Thanks for the info on the rear case. I think I will take Hisrudeness' offer on that rear 954 case. She will be better than ever! Especially with those new aluminum knobs coming!

Oh no. So sorry this happened.

Thanks P1! 

#34 Ghettoboom767

Ghettoboom767
  • Members
  • 4,652 posts
  • LocationN.W. Tn.

Posted 19 June 2017 - 09:46 AM

So sorry Chris,I've had 2 mishaps from stacking!
I had my GF-9797 tuner glass crack from a fall and a Aiwa 660 get a crack near the handle from a fall. That's why I was so happy to get a rack 5 shelf.
Still need another.
You'll find a replacement back and I'm sure it will boom again!!😎

#35 caution

caution
  • Members
  • 1,166 posts
  • LocationHillsboro, Oregon

Posted 19 June 2017 - 10:32 AM

Man that sucks Chris. I don't trust those adhesive hooks for more than a dish cloth!

#36 blu_fuz

blu_fuz
  • Moderators
  • 12,312 posts
  • LocationWI

Posted 19 June 2017 - 10:39 AM

Chis, you weren't kidding I just about shiat my pants. Never a easy thing to go through. I ain't mad at ya.

So, I do have another 950 whole and complete with a cassette deck not working. You saw my post from this weekend and needed to put together a few more funds...... Would you rather buy another whole 950 or? Either way, you will get it back together.

#37 Lasonic TRC-920

Lasonic TRC-920
  • Moderators
  • 13,263 posts
  • LocationNaples, Italy

Posted 19 June 2017 - 02:41 PM

So sorry Chris,I've had 2 mishaps from stacking!
I had my GF-9797 tuner glass crack from a fall and a Aiwa 660 get a crack near the handle from a fall. That's why I was so happy to get a rack 5 shelf.
Still need another.
You'll find a replacement back and I'm sure it will boom again!!

Yep, looking at shelving right now! Got to remedy this problem!

Man that sucks Chris. I don't trust those adhesive hooks for more than a dish cloth!

I rehung the poster on a different wall, with nothing under it, using 5x time recommended adhesive strips!  

Chis, you weren't kidding I just about shiat my pants. Never a easy thing to go through. I ain't mad at ya.

So, I do have another 950 whole and complete with a cassette deck not working. You saw my post from this weekend and needed to put together a few more funds...... Would you rather buy another whole 950 or? Either way, you will get it back together.

I'm sure is was a shocker to see. Sorry bro. Let me have a look at the 945 back case and I'll let you know. PM me if you can with details any way. Thanks man