Hitachi TRK 9100E Massively and heavily built Rare

PostEnder

Member (SA)
Nov 21, 2012
Southeastern U.S.A.
Ah, would that we could see the rear panel and the side panels of this neat-looking Hitachi. It would be interesting -- and I daresay helpful to a repair-inclined member or two -- to see what the required-batteries count is (eight "D" cells or ten "D" cells?), what the wattage figure is, how switchable the voltage is (perhaps especially for a European-market model), etc. All of that without veering off to Google the make and model, you know ...

MyOhMy

Member (SA)
Jul 26, 2015
Sleaford, Lincolnshire, UK.
PostEnder said:
Ah, would that we could see the rear panel and the side panels of this neat-looking Hitachi. It would be interesting -- and I daresay helpful to a repair-inclined member or two -- to see what the required-batteries count is (eight "D" cells or ten "D" cells?), what the wattage figure is, how switchable the voltage is (perhaps especially for a European-market model), etc. All of that without veering off to Google the make and model, you know ...
There are some pics on THIS THREAD.

Reli

Member (SA)
Dec 24, 2010
USA
jimmyjimmy19702010 said:
The TRK-9100 sure is a nice looking box.

You want 'heavy built'? look for the TRK-9300. 15 volt, heavier build, bigger amp, more power, 5 band equaliser and rarer. :-)
Or the TRK-9990.......Torroidal style transformer, better speakers than the 9140/9150 series, VERY loud, tight bass, and very detailed hifi-like treble.

JVC Floyd

Inactive (Delete)
May 6, 2009
Maryland USA.
Torroidal style Transformers are used in high quality car amplifiers because of their low noise floor which means basically less static and humm on the power supply section and they are very efficient. I Love Hitachi boomboxes I wish I had some. I wish I never sold my 7190 that was a sweet box.

MyOhMy

Member (SA)
Jul 26, 2015
Sleaford, Lincolnshire, UK.
If anyone need parts for a Hitachi TRK-9100E, I have a gnarly old donor/parts box so PM me if you need anything. Will take pics if needed although the box is packed away at the moment.

Edit:

Here is a LINK to a Dropbox folder with pics of the donor box/parts I have to offer.