Custom made antenna adapters

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trommelmops

Member (SA)
Apr 20, 2017
Brandenburg, Germany
So dear members and boomboxlovers,

i show you already how i made knobs from fullmetal. And heres another thing what i made.

As i bought the Crown there was only one original antenna on it, and cause i have so many other antennas especially

rod antennas with a metric 3mm screw on the bottom so i turn once again on my lathe an on my mill some adapters.

So i made this why im thinking i must have both antennas the same. :w00t:

Looks bad when its not equal. So now i can mount ordinary rod antennat to screw on on my antenna adapters.

Who dont know this should not see this :thumbsup: when onyone need this or that.....let me know.....

Maybee i can help.....i have many experience with turning and milling....many is possible more that you think for the first moment,

but im not a wizard :-)

Attachments

Trommelmops

Member (SA)
Apr 20, 2017
Brandenburg, Germany
I think this is one of the easyest things that i can made for you. i think 1/16 inch ist very similar to metric M1,6.....the thread is so similar that it is equal

if its 1/16 inch or M1,6 metric.

Have you an idea how it should looks like? And what you prefer? Metal, plastics? I can make what you want is totaly equal.....

Maybee it would be good i make a "special edition" maybee 3 little different designes....maybee some different sizes....very similar but always different....

what do you think about it? :-)

adiitional: What boombox is it?

Let me know please....

Reli

Member (SA)
Dec 24, 2010
USA
Wow, I have never seen antennas with a screw on the bottom. Usually they are just hollow and break off and cannot be repaired.

Trommelmops

Member (SA)
Apr 20, 2017
Brandenburg, Germany
this could be, but my antennas are always from transmitters.....my second passion is model building. RC....since 30 years. So there a lot of stuff

from many transmitters. but not only.....im a ill collector....and my doc says allways to me.....you need space------not place :lol:

adiitional: broken antennas can be repaired...its tricky but there are more possibilities that you can imagine maybee....

not all damages can be fixed but a lot..... :yes:

Trommelmops

Member (SA)
Apr 20, 2017
Brandenburg, Germany
Dear members, followers and especially @ Superduper :-)

it let me never sleep when the ideas come out...so its done.....the special antenna tip or covers are ready....

i made some different. a little cone is also exist. so the images explains something not all so let me say what ive done:

First i took a special alu in wich i drilled a 3,8mm centerhole. after that i drilled some other diameters to cascade the tip a little bit inside.

Then i pressed a little PCV insert with a little overzize 4mm into the 3,8mm hole. its absolute fixed. so why the PVC insert was everytime a little

to long, i took a cutter and brings them to the correct depht....when ive finished that i drilled another centerhole with a 1mm center drill....

Now i took a 1,5mm driller and drilled a hole with only 4mm depht. So its enought to let the antenna thread the needed thread cut itself the richt pitch.

Cause it is only PVC its no problem to fix the cover on tip.....And the diameters very nearly. so the thread must only cut a depth from only 2/10 mm and this is

very easy. To polish the little covers i take everytime my polish paste called Elsterglanz.....means translated magpie gloss..... :yes:

So now i let you see whats happend today in my little workshop. And once more:

3 covers are made from alu, one made from steel, and one will be the cover for bad days.....ive tryed to make a little smiley.....looks really funny and its only

made with a 1mm cutter on the top.....and some pictures from my little kingdom where i spend so many lifetime :-D

T-STER

Member (SA)
Jul 14, 2014
UK
Bloody hell we have a fully fledged engineer right here! I can see so much potential for parts...

Quality work!

Trommelmops

Member (SA)
Apr 20, 2017
Brandenburg, Germany
So dear members and especially @ Superduper.....

Here is the little collection that i made. I decided today i overhaul the little smileytip for the bad and worst days.....looks much better than

yesterday, cause the little mouth was not correct milled....and red.....who needs red? Black is better....but feel free to lay it out with your

own color if you want to do that.

Today i made 2 more.....one more made from steel and the little smiley. Both of them are already threaded. So you have now enough

tips to try out. But by the way, ive tryed it out. It will be matches

With the best regards from germany....

Status
Not open for further replies.