No More Portable Radios Or Laptops In Flights!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ghettoboom767

Member (SA)
May 6, 2009
USA
I'm thinking that the days of me bringing my Sony or JVC boomboxes on airplanes has possibly come to an end here on US flights!😢
There are new rules thanks to these prick terrorists wrecking stuff and ruining it for some of us not wanting to drive 2-3,000 mikes with their grails.
Damn it.🙁😦
Now we'll have to buy larger cars and trucks to haul our goodies!!😦🙂

Transistorized

Member (SA)
Jun 19, 2012
USA
What I would give to go back 30 years. Don't have to reduce my age just rewind times before the world started to get so messed up. There was more freedom in America 30 years ago. Partially why I love my boomboxes. They remind me of a better time in history.

Now everything is a bomb and we're tied down with the drawbacks of too much technology. It's so easy for a crazy person to look up how to make a bomb or a child molester to find their prey. All has made the world such a dangerous place.

Being so interconnected is not actually a good thing sometimes. It's like the movie Terminator. Technology is the problem. We have cars that park themselves and stop themselves. Technology that was invented because both the driver and the pedestrian are looking at their phones instead of paying attention. So now we're using technology to try and correct problems it/we helped to create.

Technology stopped being fun for me when it went from playing Pac-Man to Chomping away at our Privacy and Freedom. We are now the dots in the maze......

MyOhMy

Member (SA)
Jul 26, 2015
Sleaford, Lincolnshire, UK.
Transistorized said:
What I would give to go back 30 years. Don't have to reduce my age just rewind times before the world started to get so messed up. There was more freedom in America 30 years ago. Partially why I love my boomboxes. They remind me of a better time in history.

Now everything is a bomb and we're tied down with the drawbacks of too much technology. It's so easy for a crazy person to look up how to make a bomb or a child molester to find their prey. All has made the world such a dangerous place.

Being so interconnected is not actually a good thing sometimes. It's like the movie Terminator. Technology is the problem. We have cars that park themselves and stop themselves. Technology that was invented because both the driver and the pedestrian are looking at their phones instead of paying attention. So now we're using technology to try and correct problems it/we helped to create.

Technology stopped being fun for me when it went from playing Pac-Man to Chomping away at our Privacy and Freedom. We are now the dots in the maze......
Never a more true word was spoken, very well said. :yes: :rock: :hooray:

Lasonic TRC-920

Feb 16, 2010
Naples, Italy
Transistorized said:

I totally agree, but I do have to snicker a little...since your handle is TRANSISTORIZED! :lol: :lol: :lol: :thumbsup:

Transistorized

Member (SA)
Jun 19, 2012
USA
Lasonic TRC-920 said:

I totally agree, but I do have to snicker a little...since your handle is TRANSISTORIZED! :lol: :lol: :lol: :thumbsup:
That was a game changer for sure :-) I have tube radios to cover my butt on that era...hahaha

Nickeccles

Member (SA)
Jan 26, 2016
Littlehampton West Sussex
A more 'Innocent Time'.............

I miss it too :sad: :sad: :sad:

Early 1980's, out into the big wide world alone as I had to escape an unhappy childhood!!!

While there was still evil in the world, back then life was so exciting..............technology & the 80's promised the dawn of the 'Digital Age' & to a certain extent it was!!

For me, just wandering around the shops mainly record or tech shops was heaven!! I never experienced any trouble walking home very late at night nor felt any threat from anyone, people seemed nicer then especially the older generation many of which are gone now :sad:

Nowadays, I simply just don't feel safe being out alone anymore & even if I wasn't unwell I would not venture out into the nightlife in any town or city - For me, just too dangerous :sad:

The world is a ****ed up place now & I have said to many folk that I do not envy the generations that follow us.................

Terrorist attacks will never go away, poor young people are being killed for nothing - the list goes on!!

I don't blame the internet, it has more good points than bad, it sadly has just made it easier for those that 'Live among us' to hurt us & our children :sad:

1982 - happiest year of my life :yes: escaped horrid childhood, lodged with an amazing older couple that treated me like real family..............great music that year & portable stereo's everywhere! :-D :-D :-D Magic

Ghettoboom767

Member (SA)
May 6, 2009
USA
I like what Transisitorized said here;technology has invaded our lives and thus made things much less private and it's interfering with our normal lives now,it is to much!!
So tempted to get rid of the phones and the like!!🙂😦

Lasonic TRC-920

Feb 16, 2010
Naples, Italy
Ghettoboom767 said:
I like what Transisitorized said here;technology has invaded our lives and thus made things much less private and it's interfering with our normal lives now,it is to much!!
So tempted to get rid of the phones and the like!!
I have been trying to for years, but it is surprisingly hard to do. Being overseas, away from my family keeps me connected to these machines even more.

A few years back, a drunk driver took out a major transformer on the grid near our house. We were without everything for 3 days. The feeling of clarity and relaxation can't be described.

This is a very stress filled future we live in.

Ghettoboom767

Member (SA)
May 6, 2009
USA
Lasonic TRC-920 said:
So tempted to get rid of the phones and the like!!
I have been trying to for years, but it is surprisingly hard to do. Being overseas, away from my family keeps me connected to these machines even more.

A few years back, a drunk driver took out a major transformer on the grid near our house. We were without everything for 3 days. The feeling of clarity and relaxation can't be described.

This is a very stress filled future we live in.
It sure is Chris! I really enjoyed the 80's,you had to do a little work to make phone call and thanks mom for all the messages from all my girl friends! Aww those were the days,boombox,car,girl,tapes,bug killer and extracurricular items as well!!(lol) fun times!!🙂😎🎼🎶📻

FWSnake

Member (SA)
Mar 17, 2017
Oregon, USA
Transistorized said:

Don't throw the baby out with the bathwater. Technology and certain inventions have had some negative impacts, but they've also done so much in terms of how we communicate and learn. The Internet and smartphones are giving people an innovative way of learning about the past and that should be respected. I agree with a lot of restrictions being enacted, ever since the whole terror craze and 9/11.

JVC Floyd

Inactive (Delete)
May 6, 2009
Maryland USA.
i think people in general are ****ing pussiees so everything is a threat to a miserable ****ing cowardly society who wants to be protected yet every ****ing chance they can they break or bend the rules for convenience. if people weren't such ****ing attention hounds they might accidently do something useful if their ****ing eyes weren't glued to a cell phone 24/7.
**** social media the shite is just a way to gather info on people so the government can watch you take a shite when they get bored , you have no privacy and the whole miserable goddamn world cares who is ****ing who in hollywood but don't give a flying **** about anything else. the news is all bad i mean when was the last ****ing time there was good news /answer = never because there in none to report.

T-STER

Member (SA)
Jul 14, 2014
UK
JVC Floyd said:
i think people in general are farking pussiees so everything is a threat to a miserable farking cowardly society who wants to be protected yet every farking chance they can they break or bend the rules for convenience. if people weren't such farking attention hounds they might accidently do something useful if their farking eyes weren't glued to a cell phone 24/7.
fark social media the shiate is just a way to gather info on people so the government can watch you take a shiate when they get bored , you have no privacy and the whole miserable goddamn world cares who is farking who in hollywood but don't give a flying fark about anything else. the news is all bad i mean when was the last farking time there was good news /answer = never because there in none to report.
I think Floyd should be president. Im not even kidding. Whilst i did chuckle at the above there is also so much truth in it.

Status
Not open for further replies.