View New Content feature broken?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fatdog

Staff member
May 3, 2009
1) What browser are you using?

2) Which version of the browser do you have?

3) Have you tried clearing all cookies for Boomboxery?

4) Does the URL in the address bar look like this: index.php?app=core&module=search&do=viewNewContent&search_app=forums

Superduper

Member (SA)
Fatdog said:
1) What browser are you using?

2) Which version of the browser do you have?

3) Have you tried clearing all cookies for Boomboxery?

4) Does the URL in the address bar look like this: index.php?app=core&module=search&do=viewNewContent&search_app=forums
1 - 3) I use Chrome and Firefox on my desktop -- both perform exactly the same. I've logged out and cleared cache and history and cookies and no change. I have tried an old iphone 4 and my new iphone 6 -- both runs safari and both performs the same. I have tried this on my ipad and cleared everything and logged back in, and again, same result. I even pulled out my old Nokia Lumin with WP8 and internet explorer and yep, it does the same thing. My iPhone 6 and iPad are regularly updated so anything they run would be the latest versions.

4. The URL is: /index.php?app=core&module=search&do=viewNewContent&search_app=forums

Due to the fact that the problem exists on every single device I have, I'm pretty certain that the problem is likely with my account and not with my devices.

Fatdog

Staff member
May 3, 2009
Okay, Norm... I think I finally have found why you get nothing in your "View New Content".

When on the VNC page, you will see the menu on the left that has all the available filters.

By content type
Forums
Members
Downloads

By time period
Content I have not read
New since my last visit
Past 24 hours
Past week
Past 2 weeks
Past month
Past 6 months
Past year

Other
Just items I follow
Items I participated in
Items I started
Filter by forum

In the "Other" section, you have selected "Just items I follow". If you clear the filters for the "Other" section, you should see a plethora of new content.

Superduper

Member (SA)
THAT fixed it! I don't even know how that section was ever selected but I'm pretty sure it must be due to trying to navigate via these touchscreen portable devices. Our fat fingers simply isn't meant to be using in pages with links in high density since it's quite easy to click something you didn't mean to. If you ever get a report this thread notification which doesn't make sense, you can be pretty sure it wasn't intentional, lol. On the other hand, the mobile version is, well missing stuff, so even though it's harder to navigate, I still choose the desktop view.

Status
Not open for further replies.