Dynasty ES-555 Discolite Function Switch Buzzing on Tape.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Special K

Member (SA)
Mar 4, 2015
Hello,

I recently acquired a Dynasty ES-555 Disco lite Boombox. I am currently having two issues that I hope someone can help me with. The first is when the function switch is selected to TAPE it makes a loud BUZZING noise that it only makes in TAPE MODE. Radio and CD/LINE IN are O.K. Also both VU Meters will light up to max when the noise is present. I noticed that if i play with the DUBBING SPEED switch it seems to cut out the buzzing a bit. I have posted a video to YouTube demonstrating the problem i am having as well -> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V6-EtsEGnhE
with the hope someone will be able to isolate my problem.

The second issue is the Tuner/Radio string has become unwound and am hoping someone might be able to take a photo or has one showing exactly how it goes back together.

Thanks for any information you can provide.

Special K

Member (SA)
Mar 4, 2015
Hey Bill, thanks for you're help. Turns out it was exactly what you thought it was. It looks like the record bar wasn't sliding all the way to the left and seemed like it was sticking. Tape Deck 1 works great when i tested it. Deck 2 seems to be playing the tape slower i tried the fast forward button doesn't even want to turn but i think it's probably just a belt issue. Now just need to figure how to rewind the tuner string and I'm home free. I seriously think this got to be one of the cheapest quality boxes I've worked on. I feel like anything i touch is going to break. I was expecting more bass too. Defiantly doesn't hold a candle to my Pioneer SK-95. I guess these are high demand for their rareness though.

Status
Not open for further replies.