285 replies to this topic

#241 deech

deech
  • Members (SA)
  • 452 posts
  • LocationAthens Greece

Posted 24 July 2017 - 05:29 AM

Great to see you all guys having a good time !! :-D

I so wish i was there to meet you in person,who knows maybe next time..

By seeing all the pictures i am so jealous for not being there.

Amazing to see your faces too ! Peace to all  :-)

A Big hello to each and every one of you from the South.

#242 Hisrudeness

Hisrudeness
  • Members (SA)
  • 2,099 posts
  • LocationSouth East London UK

Posted 24 July 2017 - 05:41 AM

Some more

Attached Files

#243 Northerner

Northerner
  • Members (SA)
  • 4,886 posts
  • LocationNorth East UK

Posted 24 July 2017 - 06:49 AM

Amazing to see your faces too ! Peace to all :-)

You sooooo should've made it mate :-)

Nice bit of crumpet lol ;-) :-)

(For any non-Brits its what he's eating!!)Attached File  IMG_3919.JPG   99.4K   3 downloads

#244 T-STER

T-STER
  • Members (SA)
  • 2,152 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 24 July 2017 - 07:40 AM

Tea and crumpets, that's it he is indoctrinated into the way already!

#245 Lasonic TRC-920

Lasonic TRC-920
  • Moderators
  • 14,058 posts
  • LocationNaples, Italy

Posted 24 July 2017 - 08:03 AM

Amazing to see your faces too ! Peace to all :-)

You sooooo should've made it mate :-)

Nice bit of crumpet lol ;-) :-)

(For any non-Brits its what he's eating!!)attachicon.gifIMG_3919.JPG

:lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol: Yep, tasty too. Thanks for showing me the way!

Tea and crumpets, that's it he is indoctrinated into the way already!

I also had some PIMM  :w00t:  :yes:

I'm also a Proper Punter!!!!!  :rock:

#246 T-STER

T-STER
  • Members (SA)
  • 2,152 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 24 July 2017 - 08:29 AM

Yes you did Pimms o'clock  :clap: and you were a punter haha.

There were a few punters around the gaff that day  :cool:

#247 Northerner

Northerner
  • Members (SA)
  • 4,886 posts
  • LocationNorth East UK

Posted 24 July 2017 - 09:06 AM

A right bunch of punters!

#248 Lasonic TRC-920

Lasonic TRC-920
  • Moderators
  • 14,058 posts
  • LocationNaples, Italy

Posted 24 July 2017 - 09:26 AM

CLASSIC!

I'll tell ya, any time I am traveling, it's the language barrier that can be very difficult. I WAS NO DIFFERENT HERE! :lol:  :lol:  :lol:

#249 docs

docs
  • Members (SA)
  • 1,860 posts
  • LocationUnited Kingdom

Posted 24 July 2017 - 09:41 AM

:lol:  :yes:  Just another crazy boombox lover speaking the same lingo the world over !!  :rock:

#250 im_alan_partridge

im_alan_partridge
  • Members (SA)
  • 2,975 posts
  • LocationLondon, England.

Posted 24 July 2017 - 09:46 AM

There really is not much more I can say that's not already been said, but I will try anyway.

I live possibly the closest to Rudy, so I really should not have been late or got lost, unfortunately both happened and what should have been about an hours drive turned into 3 hours with a central London detour :bang:

When I arrived the event was in full swing, I was a bit worried the weather would ruin the day but Rudy had it well covered and everybody was inside, there was boxes everywhere and I mean everywhere, there must have been well over 100 boxes spread around the rooms we were in. The kitchen had become a boombox field hospital, the living room was kind of a display and holding area, and the conservatory was the main social and listening area.

The boxes on display were totally stunning, my personal faves were Docs M90 and Geoffs silver 550 :drool:  i also quite liked Stereomads little Discolite. Its always great to see and hear boxes in the flesh for the first time. 

It was a very hands on event with plenty of boxes being sound tested in the conservatory and some in the living room.

The living room kind of become a negotiation area as deals started to get struck throughout the day. People would disappear for a time, then reappear looking very happy. There really was so much going on with chat, repairs and deals, not to mention eating and drinking, that the day just absolutely flew by.

It was great to see some old friends and to also meet some new friends who i now feel like ive known for years, well i guess i kind of have, but you know what i mean. Also nice to have a brief facetime chat with Dr Der, West Coast representing (Dr Der, that was me that took that picture,i will post it up later).

Well done to everybody who travelled, especially our Northern Brothers and Sisters and certainly Chris travelling from Italy, it really was Planes, Trains, Bright Yellow Buses and Automobiles :-D

Thankyou to Rudy and Seb who purchased boxes from me, i hope you enjoy them.

Thankyou to Tre who gave me a lift back to the hotel.

Thankyou to Chris for getting the ball rolling with this meet.

The biggest thankyou has to go Rudey for hosting this event, as others have said you truly are a natural at this, although a lot of us had never meet, everybody was relaxed and at total ease with each other, and that is because of the vibe you put out, and the warm welcome which gave to each of us as we arrived :hooray:

Please extend my gratitude to your family for letting us take over their home, they take "mi casa es tu casa" to a new level.

Im going to upload my pics later tonight so if anybody does not want there picture online just let me know :-)

#251 docs

docs
  • Members (SA)
  • 1,860 posts
  • LocationUnited Kingdom

Posted 24 July 2017 - 09:56 AM

Well said Dave, i agree with everything and especially the bit around the hosting and thanking the family.

Truly amazing.

#252 Northerner

Northerner
  • Members (SA)
  • 4,886 posts
  • LocationNorth East UK

Posted 24 July 2017 - 10:02 AM

Yep totally. Rudey was a great host, top fella :-)

#253 Lasonic TRC-920

Lasonic TRC-920
  • Moderators
  • 14,058 posts
  • LocationNaples, Italy

Posted 24 July 2017 - 10:46 AM

#254 Lasonic TRC-920

Lasonic TRC-920
  • Moderators
  • 14,058 posts
  • LocationNaples, Italy

Posted 24 July 2017 - 11:21 AM

Here is the Bumpboxx Giveaway

#255 Hisrudeness

Hisrudeness
  • Members (SA)
  • 2,099 posts
  • LocationSouth East London UK

Posted 24 July 2017 - 11:23 AM

Awesome......
Great footage

#256 Northerner

Northerner
  • Members (SA)
  • 4,886 posts
  • LocationNorth East UK

Posted 24 July 2017 - 11:37 AM

Love the last part of the first vid...ends up like a kinda time lapse thing of everyone moving about with the big boxes and ends up with Rudey gurning like a goodun...brilliant. Watched it twice! :-)

#257 Lasonic TRC-920

Lasonic TRC-920
  • Moderators
  • 14,058 posts
  • LocationNaples, Italy

Posted 24 July 2017 - 01:21 PM

Love the last part of the first vid...ends up like a kinda time lapse thing of everyone moving about with the big boxes and ends up with Rudey gurning like a goodun...brilliant. Watched it twice! :-)

:lol: Yeah, King Rory and his hooligans!

#258 Fatdog

Fatdog
  • Administrators
  • 10,803 posts
  • LocationMiddle Tennessee, U.S.A.

Posted 24 July 2017 - 03:04 PM

Wow, what an amazing meet!  That little CS-M1 looks like a USB thumb drive compared to the Bumpboxx.  :lol: :lol:   Can we get a picture of all the guys with their usernames?

#259 im_alan_partridge

im_alan_partridge
  • Members (SA)
  • 2,975 posts

Posted 24 July 2017 - 03:24 PM

Some pics of the big day :-)

Attached File  IMG_2756.JPG   83.1K   3 downloads

Attached File  IMG_2757.JPG   83.95K   2 downloads

Attached File  IMG_2758.JPG   75.55K   4 downloads

Attached File  IMG_2759.JPG   78.58K   3 downloads

Attached File  IMG_2761.JPG   115.08K   4 downloads

Attached File  IMG_2762.JPG   105.9K   5 downloads

Attached File  IMG_2763.JPG   101.9K   5 downloads

Attached File  IMG_2765.JPG   111.58K   6 downloads

Attached File  IMG_2768.JPG   67.84K   6 downloads

More to follow....

Attached File  IMG_2771.JPG   123.71K   4 downloads

Attached File  IMG_2773.JPG   55.33K   6 downloads

Attached File  IMG_2775.JPG   94.77K   4 downloads

Attached File  IMG_2777.JPG   88.13K   3 downloads

Attached File  IMG_2778.JPG   80.58K   2 downloads

#260 Northerner

Northerner
  • Members (SA)
  • 4,886 posts
  • LocationNorth East UK

Posted 24 July 2017 - 03:29 PM

Wow, what an amazing meet!  That little CS-M1 looks like a USB thumb drive compared to the Bumpboxx.  :lol: :lol:   Can we get a picture of all the guys with their usernames?

Attached File  IMG_3902.JPG   163.88K   5 downloads

Ok so we have Dave (imalanpartridge), Chris (lasonic), Dave (docs), Charlotte (Mrs Docs!), Seb (from S2G), Rory (hisrudeness), Si (northerner), Geoff (geoffhartwell), Tre (t-ster), and Lee (stereomad)

#261 im_alan_partridge

im_alan_partridge
  • Members (SA)
  • 2,975 posts

Posted 24 July 2017 - 03:31 PM

Attached File  IMG_2781.JPG   96.77K   2 downloads

Attached File  IMG_2784.JPG   87.07K   3 downloads

Attached File  IMG_2786.JPG   98.21K   3 downloads

Attached File  IMG_2787.JPG   96.27K   2 downloads

Attached File  IMG_2791.JPG   136.77K   2 downloads

Attached File  IMG_2794.JPG   86.45K   2 downloads

1 more post to come...

#262 Northerner

Northerner
  • Members (SA)
  • 4,886 posts
  • LocationNorth East UK

Posted 24 July 2017 - 03:33 PM

Enjoying all these pics! Glad you got pics of the C100 surgery!

#263 im_alan_partridge

im_alan_partridge
  • Members (SA)
  • 2,975 posts

Posted 24 July 2017 - 03:41 PM

Attached File  IMG_2796.JPG   126.14K   3 downloads

Attached File  IMG_2798.JPG   78.01K   2 downloads

Attached File  IMG_2800.JPG   102.54K   4 downloads

Attached File  IMG_2803.JPG   88.82K   3 downloads

Attached File  IMG_2805.JPG   105.52K   3 downloads

Attached File  IMG_2788.JPG   61.82K   2 downloads

I can only finish by reiterating my earlier message of thanks to Rudy and his family for their excellent hospitality.

Puker :yes:  :-D  :thumbsup:

#264 MyOhMy

MyOhMy
  • Members (SA)
  • 2,516 posts
  • LocationSleaford, Lincolnshire, UK.

Posted 24 July 2017 - 05:01 PM

After reading all the comments and seeing the fantastic pics & video I'm struggling to find the words to post about this spectacular occasion.  The overwhelming feeling I get is the sense of camaraderie amongst you all, it seems so natural, warm, intense and oh-so deserved.  You're all like one big family on a grand get-together!  :yes:  This whole thread oozes all that meet-ups should be: The friendliness & humour, freely given help & advice, the integrity & goodwill of everyone to the extraordinary goodwill of the hosts - it surely must be the best Boomboxers Mutual Appreciation Society Meeting there ever has been!  :yes:  :-D  :lol:  :thumbsup:

Over the coming days I'll not only revisit this thread to keep up to date but, each time I visit, I'll start from the beginning to immerse myself in the wonderful atmosphere you all managed to create by being a part of something rather special.

The best bit for me?  It has to be the 'Field Hospital' in full operation!  :yes:  :clap:  :hooray:

#265 jimmyjimmy19702010

jimmyjimmy19702010
  • Members (SA)
  • 3,543 posts
  • LocationSunny Brisbane, Australia

Posted 24 July 2017 - 10:12 PM

Yep, anyone who hasn't been to one of these events doesn't know what they're missing! :-)

Even the comparatively lame meets we have here are still great fun. :lol:

James... :-)

#266 Fatdog

Fatdog
  • Administrators
  • 10,803 posts
  • LocationMiddle Tennessee, U.S.A.

Posted 24 July 2017 - 11:01 PM

Thanks for the info, Simon!

Christine, the camaraderie is real.  It is a testament to the quality of our "family" members here.  I hope you, and the other UK members who missed this one, get to experience it the next time.  :yes:

#267 caution

caution
  • Members (SA)
  • 1,901 posts
  • LocationHillsboro, Oregon

Posted 24 July 2017 - 11:29 PM

Now that's how you throw a boombox party! Fantastic all around. All these pics and videos made my day.

Chris I feel for ya man, whenever I travel I try to think of everything but spacing your gates and turns gets me every time!

#268 Lasonic TRC-920

Lasonic TRC-920
  • Moderators
  • 14,058 posts
  • LocationNaples, Italy

Posted 25 July 2017 - 01:46 AM

After reading all the comments and seeing the fantastic pics & video I'm struggling to find the words to post about this spectacular occasion.  The overwhelming feeling I get is the sense of camaraderie amongst you all, it seems so natural, warm, intense and oh-so deserved.  You're all like one big family on a grand get-together!  :yes:  This whole thread oozes all that meet-ups should be: The friendliness & humour, freely given help & advice, the integrity & goodwill of everyone to the extraordinary goodwill of the hosts - it surely must be the best Boomboxers Mutual Appreciation Society Meeting there ever has been!  :yes:  :-D  :lol:  :thumbsup:

Over the coming days I'll not only revisit this thread to keep up to date but, each time I visit, I'll start from the beginning to immerse myself in the wonderful atmosphere you all managed to create by being a part of something rather special.

The best bit for me?  It has to be the 'Field Hospital' in full operation!  :yes:  :clap:  :hooray:

Christine, you were the only thing missing from this meet and the only thing that could have made it better!

Yep, anyone who hasn't been to one of these events doesn't know what they're missing! :-)

Even the comparatively lame meets we have here are still great fun. :lol:

James... :-)

Nailed it on the head. Even if two members get together with 2 radios, it will be an experience you will never forget.

Thanks for the info, Simon!

Christine, the camaraderie is real.  It is a testament to the quality of our "family" members here.  I hope you, and the other UK members who missed this one, get to experience it the next time.  :yes:

Fatdog, everything you have brought into the Boombox community has led to this. From building and maintaining the Boomboxery site, to the east coast guys starting the first meets with the Sunshine mix. It all has led to this. The Sunshine mix inspired me to meet all the members on the West coast, then the UK crew and next month I'll be at the Dessau gathering. 

Thank you Bobby!

Now that's how you throw a boombox party! Fantastic all around. All these pics and videos made my day.

Chris I feel for ya man, whenever I travel I try to think of everything but spacing your gates and turns gets me every time!

HA HA, yeah, I'm not a fan of airport layouts

Attached File  wife beater.JPG   152.9K   2 downloads

#269 Dr DER

Dr DER
  • Guests
  • 1,142 posts
  • LocationRefferside Cali

Posted 25 July 2017 - 01:29 PM

Yes so much of this is true. I have experienced this feeling twice. The first time is when I met the West Coast group. The second time is in Vegas the first international boombox me several members I have never met showed up. It was like we knew each other for years . No one no one acted like they were better than anybody and everyone was willing to share radios and stories with everyone. It's just one big boombox family. No matter where in the world you are music and radios will bring us together. First thing on my bucket list to meet as many members and collectors as possible.

#270 docs

docs
  • Members (SA)
  • 1,860 posts
  • LocationUnited Kingdom

Posted 25 July 2017 - 01:36 PM

Yes so much of this is true. I have experienced this feeling twice. The first time is when I met the West Coast group. The second time is in Vegas the first international boombox me several members I have never met showed up. It was like we knew each other for years . No one no one acted like they were better than anybody and everyone was willing to share radios and stories with everyone. It's just one big boombox family. No matter where in the world you are music and radios will bring us together. First thing on my bucket list to meet as many members and collectors as possible.

Exactly!!! It is something almost tangible but only something recognisable after the event. A commonality and love for our memories, an era, whatever it brings for you, we all feel the same thing.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: UK meet