• This topic is locked This topic is locked
285 replies to this topic

#271 SLO

SLO
  • Members (SA)
  • 2,443 posts
  • LocationInland Empire, Southern California

Posted 26 July 2017 - 01:02 AM

These meets are such a great time. Like Dr DER said, when we had the Vegas meet it felt like I knew everyone for years. Just a bunch of great guys with their families all loving the same thing and having an absolute great time. Cheers to the UK for getting together like this, I'm positive there will be more to come in the future! 

Boomboxery Family  :thumbsup:

#272 Lasonic TRC-920

Lasonic TRC-920
  • Moderators
  • 14,053 posts
  • LocationNaples, Italy

Posted 26 July 2017 - 06:25 AM

These meets are such a great time. Like Dr DER said, when we had the Vegas meet it felt like I knew everyone for years. Just a bunch of great guys with their families all loving the same thing and having an absolute great time. Cheers to the UK for getting together like this, I'm positive there will be more to come in the future! 

Boomboxery Family  :thumbsup:

Great words SLO, you would have loved it. Your a collector of "Fine Working Examples" and you would have thoroughly appreciated the extent the UK guys to. 

#273 JustCruisin

JustCruisin
  • Members (SA)
  • 3,098 posts
  • LocationMidwest, USA

Posted 27 July 2017 - 08:00 PM

Chris, if you sent a postcard back in time to your teenage self, you think you would be pretty stoked?!
"Dear Chris, it's Chris.. It's 2017, and I'm munching on tea and crumpets with my boombox homies in the United Kingdom"......

#274 jimmyjimmy19702010

jimmyjimmy19702010
  • Members (SA)
  • 3,522 posts
  • LocationSunny Brisbane, Australia

Posted 27 July 2017 - 10:49 PM

Chris, if you sent a postcard back in time to your teenage self, you think you would be pretty stoked?!
"Dear Chris, it's Chris.. It's 2017, and I'm munching on tea and crumpets with my boombox homies in the United Kingdom"......

Great post!! :-)

#275 T-STER

T-STER
  • Members (SA)
  • 2,144 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 27 July 2017 - 11:31 PM

Great post!! :-)

Ha classic, I never thought of this but that is so true!

#276 Northerner

Northerner
  • Members (SA)
  • 4,878 posts
  • LocationNorth East UK

Posted 28 July 2017 - 12:23 AM

All the homies like crumpets :-)

#277 Dr DER

Dr DER
  • Guests
  • 1,142 posts
  • LocationRefferside Cali

Posted 28 July 2017 - 12:32 AM

Hopefully someday I can make it out to the U.K. ..

#278 Northerner

Northerner
  • Members (SA)
  • 4,878 posts
  • LocationNorth East UK

Posted 28 July 2017 - 12:57 AM

Hopefully someday I can make it out to the U.K. ..

I've been to the US ten times; 7 times to NYC, and once each to Phoenix, Florida and LA :-)

#279 Lasonic TRC-920

Lasonic TRC-920
  • Moderators
  • 14,053 posts
  • LocationNaples, Italy

Posted 28 July 2017 - 04:36 AM

It's been a wild ride this Boombox community has taken me on. Walking down the Las Vegas strip with you last year was absolutely amazing. 

Back in 1985 I saw Iron Maiden play at the Long Beach Sports area. That show was made famous by the release the following year of the of the live album LIVE AFTER DEATH where Bruce Dickinson famously said "Scream for me Long Beach". One of those voices on that album screaming is mine.

In the concert program was a picture of Adrian Smith (guitars) and Steve Harris (bass) wearing shirts that say "No! We are not an English Rock band!", "We are dental floss salesmen from Montana". 

Attached File  dental floss.jpg   442.6K   0 downloads

As a 16 year old I vowed then and there that I would some how break the bonds of my little neighborhood and see the world. I always wanted to do it in a band on stage and I saw a lot that way, but I had no idea that the Boombox, the device that delivered Iron Maiden to me in the first place would be the vehicle that would ultimately take me to England to meet such amazing people.

I'm out there some where....

#280 zarra68

zarra68
  • Members
  • 17 posts
  • LocationBucharest,Rome,Bristol

Posted 28 July 2017 - 01:16 PM

It was a fun date, the first pictures I saw standing in the head!
If it was September, I was also present.
Next time..
Let's hope we will meet in southern Europe, both in the north and in the east.

#281 SLO

SLO
  • Members (SA)
  • 2,443 posts
  • LocationInland Empire, Southern California

Posted 29 July 2017 - 04:58 PM

LOL!

#282 samovar

samovar
  • Members (SA)
  • 244 posts
  • LocationItaly

Posted 30 July 2017 - 08:38 AM

Do you know Joe Btfsplk's rainy cloud in Al Capp's comics? That's how I feel when I think of the chain of events that prevented me to join the crew:

Attached File  Joe Btfsplk.png   48.81K   0 downloads

You guys outdid yourself! From Rory's clockwork organization to Chris's special guest appearance to all the members who enthusiastically took part in the event, everybody added a special touch to this instant classic. Gorgeous scenario with wonderful people & stunning blasters.

By definition, a classic is something that we do not experience for the first, but at least for the second time. Hence I am looking forward to getting another opportunity to share the pleasure with you and whoever else will be able to join. 'Nuff said! :-)

#283 Lasonic TRC-920

Lasonic TRC-920
  • Moderators
  • 14,053 posts
  • LocationNaples, Italy

Posted 31 July 2017 - 06:00 AM

Do you know Joe Btfsplk's rainy cloud in Al Capp's comics? That's how I feel when I think of the chain of events that prevented me to join the crew:

attachicon.gifJoe Btfsplk.png

You guys outdid yourself! From Rory's clockwork organization to Chris's special guest appearance to all the members who enthusiastically took part in the event, everybody added a special touch to this instant classic. Gorgeous scenario with wonderful people stunning blasters.

By definition, a classic is something that we do not experience for the first, but at least for the second time. Hence I am looking forward to getting another opportunity to share the pleasure with you and whoever else will be able to join. 'Nuff said! :-)

It would have been great to have met you at this event, but I have a feeling the UK collectors, as hard core as they are, are going to want to do this again!

#284 Dr DER

Dr DER
  • Guests
  • 1,142 posts
  • LocationRefferside Cali

Posted 01 August 2017 - 06:29 PM

A BUMPBOXX is officially on its way to Germany..

#285 im_alan_partridge

im_alan_partridge
  • Members (SA)
  • 2,975 posts
  • LocationLondon, England.

Posted 02 August 2017 - 12:45 PM

Good luck to our German Bros... they are proper hardcore :yes:

#286 Lasonic TRC-920

Lasonic TRC-920
  • Moderators
  • 14,053 posts
  • LocationNaples, Italy