• Please log in to reply
113 replies to this topic

#91 Lasonic TRC-920

Lasonic TRC-920
  • Moderators
  • 13,140 posts
  • LocationNaples, Italy

Posted 06 August 2017 - 03:46 AM

It's great to read this thread and see it's on a positive up swing. Looking forward to hearing about the move in and seeing the new Boom Room!

#92 trippy1313

trippy1313
  • Members
  • 1,688 posts
  • LocationSeattle-Tacoma, WA

Posted 01 September 2017 - 02:52 AM

How's it going? Did you close on the 25th??? Everything still good???

The appraisal lady just came out yesterday on our place were trying to buy.

#93 blu_fuz

blu_fuz
  • Moderators
  • 10,007 posts
  • LocationWI

Posted 01 September 2017 - 06:14 AM

Well Trip, thanks for checking in on us.

IT'S ALL OVER! WE ARE IN THE HOUSE!

We closed on the 25th at 9am, met up with our semi driver to bring the stored goodies to the house and were delivered by 10:30 am. We couldn't wait to get in!

First thing was popping a bottle of wine that we were saving for 10 months to celebrate whatever house we ended up with. With glasses in hand, we did a walk through before the chaos of unpacking started. I had a barn mailbox (last name BARNES) built for the new place. Our old house, even though it was in the city, the city was too small to have a courier service deliver mail to the houses and we had to go to the post office and have a PO Box. Super annoying. Couldn't wait to have a sweet mailbox, the neighbors love it.

Saturday at 9am our unloading crew of friends and family showed up and the semi was unloaded in about 3 hours and 75% of the boxes at least ended up in the right room. The group ate lunch and relaxed a few hours as we sat around stacked up boxes everywhere. It was awesome. Strange part is our last house was about 1/2 the size as this one and yet we still seem to have PLENTY of SH!T to fill every room, how does that happen??? hahaahaha

The first night we were greeted with deer! 3 in the front lawn around 8pm, 5 in the back yard around 10pm, and another 3 the next morning in the back yard. There is deer turds all over this property. They must be cutting through the river along our property to eat the plants in this neighborhood and head back over.

Now at a solid week in the new place we are pinching ourselves and have thoughts of "do we really live here?" going through our heads. 

What a treat. Thanks for everyone here reading along and wishing us luck.

Attached File  IMG_0193.JPG   123.89K   0 downloads

Attached File  IMG_0208.JPG   81.31K   0 downloads

Attached File  IMG_0210.JPG   104.71K   1 downloads

Attached File  IMG_0211.JPG   96.8K   0 downloads

Attached File  IMG_0214.JPG   91.8K   0 downloads

Attached File  IMG_0218.JPG   104.29K   1 downloads

Attached File  IMG_0220.JPG   73.94K   1 downloads

Attached File  IMG_0221.JPG   91.63K   2 downloads

Attached File  IMG_0222.JPG   82.24K   1 downloads

Attached File  IMG_0223.JPG   101.94K   1 downloads

Attached File  IMG_0258.JPG   94.25K   0 downloads

Attached File  IMG_0259.JPG   82.61K   0 downloads

#94 MyOhMy

MyOhMy
  • Members
  • 1,805 posts
  • LocationSleaford, Lincolnshire, UK.

Posted 01 September 2017 - 10:24 AM

Congrats, congrats, congrats!  I'm so pleased for you it all worked out for you & yours after so long and to have wildlife on your lawn is purdy darn cool.  :yes:  :thumbsup: 

I wish you all well in your new home and hope you have a wonderful life once you've settled (and built a Boom Room!).   :thumbsup:   

#95 T-STER

T-STER
  • Members
  • 1,291 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 01 September 2017 - 01:22 PM

Damn man the house looks so good, and deer passing by to, awesome. Glad to hear it all ended well and you guys are in safe and sound.

Happy for you man  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:

#96 -GZ-

-GZ-
  • Members
  • 2,225 posts
  • LocationBoom Central

Posted 01 September 2017 - 07:06 PM

So that pic of your crew at the kitchen table is some straight up Wisconsin shiat right there. Love it.

Can't wait to visit. Glad you're finally home, bro.

#97 trippy1313

trippy1313
  • Members
  • 1,688 posts
  • LocationSeattle-Tacoma, WA

Posted 02 September 2017 - 10:24 AM

Dude that is do awesome!!! I was sightly worried there hadn't been a recent update maybe something happened with a sale.

That house is gorgeous! Congratulations man I know that's a total relief, and I bet your family is so happy now with finally getting a place.

#98 JVC Floyd

JVC Floyd
  • Boomus Fidelis
  • 4,818 posts

Posted 02 September 2017 - 11:28 AM

That's a nice place, hell I live my garage and my truck is in my living room lol

#99 im_alan_partridge

im_alan_partridge
  • Members
  • 2,873 posts
  • LocationLondon, England.

Posted 03 September 2017 - 04:19 AM

Well done mate, glad its all finally worked out :-)

#100 blu_fuz

blu_fuz
  • Moderators
  • 10,007 posts
  • LocationWI

Posted 05 September 2017 - 01:44 PM

Thanks!!!!   :drool:

#101 blu_fuz

blu_fuz
  • Moderators
  • 10,007 posts
  • LocationWI

Posted 12 September 2017 - 07:12 PM

I can fit about 22 big ass boomboxes in a 2003 Ford Escape, so that's cool.

Attached File  IMG_0429.JPG   117.59K   0 downloads

#102 ford93

ford93
  • Members
  • 2,515 posts
  • LocationFormer New Yorker

Posted 12 September 2017 - 08:14 PM

Looks cozy!

#103 Lasonic TRC-920

Lasonic TRC-920
  • Moderators
  • 13,140 posts
  • LocationNaples, Italy

Posted 16 September 2017 - 05:41 AM

CONGRATULATIONS X1000 

What a ride man.....There is something very satisfying about unpacking and moving in. Still tons of work, but still nice!

#104 blu_fuz

blu_fuz
  • Moderators
  • 10,007 posts
  • LocationWI

Posted 18 October 2017 - 09:26 AM

Can you believe its been about 2 months now?!?! I can't.

Even after all this time, now it feels like home. All the rooms are setup. Finally put pictures on the walls and decorated with what we had. 

Everything is going well, and only one big shiatty surprise with the house. The master bath shower pan (tiled shower) is leaking. Not the drain, but the actual water proof membrane/concrete pan. Leaks water into our son's room on the other side of the shower wall, leaks through the living room ceiling below the shower, and leaks into the hot box surrounding the fireplace behind the brick. What a crock of shiat. We plugged the shower pan drain and filled the pan with 1/2" of water. The water leaked out in less than 15 minutes through the cracks in the tile/grout/pan...... crap.

Luckily there is another bath/shower to use until I demo the master bath shower and build a new pan and re-tile it. It will be OK but I hate finding stuff like this that the previous home owner had to know and didn't say anything. Makes me want to kick him right in the dick.

The hot tub had a pin hole leak too that I found. The water was dropping about 2" every 5 days. Luckily an easy fix and not on a high pressure line. All good now.

You can see by the pictures that the shower pan has been leaking for a loooooong time. Subfloor in the bedroom next to is is soft, tac strip is disinegrated and rusty, looks like a bit of mold, and stained carpet/pad.

Attached File  IMG_0808.JPG   110.01K   0 downloadsAttached File  IMG_0809.JPG   112.95K   0 downloadsAttached File  IMG_0911.JPG   72.5K   0 downloads

But, there are some awesome spots I really love here!

The river is a great place to just relax.

And my favorite place is the office area. She's a beaut!!!!

Attached File  IMG_0365.JPG   157.12K   0 downloadsAttached File  IMG_0636.JPG   172.15K   1 downloadsAttached File  IMG_0962.JPG   83.62K   1 downloads

#105 caution

caution
  • Members
  • 1,282 posts
  • LocationHillsboro, Oregon

Posted 18 October 2017 - 11:00 AM

I was wondering about how things were going, what a shiatstain to not tell you about that leak.

All things considered though, you made out great, Digs like yours would go for millions where I live.

Still can't get over that back 40. Hi Bambi! :lol:

#106 T-STER

T-STER
  • Members
  • 1,291 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 18 October 2017 - 11:15 AM

I was wondering about how things were going, what a shiatstain to not tell you about that leak.

All things considered though, you made out great, Digs like yours would go for millions where I live.

Still can't get over that back 40. Hi Bambi! :lol:

I was thinking the same thing, your place would be around £750,000 in the real estate market i work in. It's a beautiful place and that deer in the garden is priceless, that screams unspoilt surroundings.

Bit of a dick move to not mention the issue but you know what, I reckon karma will sort you out and see you good. 

I love the office by the way, reeks of quality, looks like a presidential office :D

#107 blu_fuz

blu_fuz
  • Moderators
  • 10,007 posts
  • LocationWI

Posted 18 October 2017 - 11:55 AM

For sure, the yard is great to have. We drive by our old place and stare wondering how we managed to keep the kids safe in that small yard on the main highway through town. So glad we moved  :rock: . Still a kick ass deal with the small issues we are finding. 

The shower I can handle the work, more annoying than anything. Some blood, sweat, and beers should be all it takes to get it back to good.

Funny you mention the presidential office! My friends said the same thing and that I should get the oval office rug in the White House hhahahaha and we just might!!!!

https://www.google.c...bih=497#imgrc=_

#108 T-STER

T-STER
  • Members
  • 1,291 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 18 October 2017 - 01:40 PM

Funny you mention the presidential office! My friends said the same thing and that I should get the oval office rug in the White House hhahahaha and we just might!!!!

https://www.google.c...bih=497#imgrc=_

Haha Joe you have to get that rug for your office !! 

#109 blu_fuz

blu_fuz
  • Moderators
  • 10,007 posts
  • LocationWI

Posted 18 October 2017 - 06:58 PM

Kids playing, deer running through, and mowing. Great night.

Attached File  IMG_1013.JPG   146.26K   1 downloadsAttached File  IMG_1012.JPG   173.65K   2 downloads

#110 T-STER

T-STER
  • Members
  • 1,291 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 18 October 2017 - 11:52 PM

Damn that a big garden. Sits on quite a plot your place. Im guessing you back onto some pretty nice country as the deer seem like daily visitors rather than an occasional thing.

#111 jimmyjimmy19702010

jimmyjimmy19702010
  • Members
  • 3,050 posts
  • LocationSunny Brisbane, Australia

Posted 19 October 2017 - 02:01 AM

Great yard!! I'd love to live somewhere like that. Beautiful and cheap - perfect!!!

Your shower dramas remind me of a slight hiccup we had when we moved into our latest house. Before we even finished moving the furniture in, we realised we had a major sewage leak (2 feet inside our property border). So it was our problem!!

The old clay pipe had collapsed due to poor infill around the pipe. Did they use sand or some other suitable material?? Nope, they used long neck beer bottles - hundreds of them all around the sewer line. And yep, half were broken thus offering zero support for the clay pipe!! The building inspection didn't check that detail!! :lol:

So $3000 later, we could move in!! Such fond memories. :lol:

#112 blu_fuz

blu_fuz
  • Moderators
  • 10,007 posts
  • LocationWI

Posted 19 October 2017 - 07:00 AM

Beer bottles!!!!!!! 

#113 milosancho

milosancho
  • Members
  • 320 posts
  • LocationCentral Coast, California

Posted 19 October 2017 - 10:32 AM

Water leaks suck! I'm in the middle of a complete remodel of master bath because of a leaky shower pan. The bathroom is completely gutted at the moment. And the price for it all.........YIKES! 

#114 MyOhMy

MyOhMy
  • Members
  • 1,805 posts
  • LocationSleaford, Lincolnshire, UK.

Posted 19 October 2017 - 02:28 PM

......kick him right in the dick.

I really don't think you should use words like that.  You should have said: '...kick him hard in the dick - and the other dangly bits'.  :yes:  :-D

I must say that your garden and outside spaces are so nice and you house is a treasure, I'm very pleased for you.