Deck woes

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vintage Man

Member (SA)
Apr 18, 2013
OSHAWA ONTARIO CANADA
gmail.com
So after many months owning a near mint M90 caught the gumption to open it up and see what's up with the deck. Bought new belts. But to my surprise the flywheel belt slipped off. After putting it back on. Managed to get rewind and ff no problem. But will not engage in play
Also don't get that famous click when you plug it in when sitting over a period of time. It did go into play once. But would not stop. And no sound as it was a blank reel clear. So something is not right. Any ideas so I can pass it along to the tec to aid him in a speedy recovery?

Vintage Man

Member (SA)
Apr 18, 2013
OSHAWA ONTARIO CANADA
gmail.com
baddboybill said:
Replace fusible resistor for your solenoid. But i would replace all 4 Fusable resistors. FR701,702,703,704 on deck board
Thanks Bill.
Ernie marody was telling me that the carrage if it does not make it all the way up or down properly that it will cut the Power. And that if it played once I just have to work the flywheel to help get it moving again as it has sat for years unused. I like the idea or replacing the 4 fuses. Should be a easy job for the tec

Vintage Man

Member (SA)
Apr 18, 2013
OSHAWA ONTARIO CANADA
gmail.com
So I had it open to do a really good clean up. It will try to engage in play but want make it all the way. I gave the flywheel a turn and it locked into play and had sound. But was a bit slow. So today I am going to put new belts on. I'm not sure how this 2 motor system works. But I'm hope the belts will help get the heads up all the way and lock in. I'm thinking one motor is just for fast forward and rewind only? The other brings up the heads and engages play? Hench the slow playing?

BoomboxLover48

Member (SA)
Dec 3, 2010
Chicago, IL
Lubricate the deck also with white silicon grease. Like Bill said, it will be a good idea to replace all the fusible resistors. Check the rubber wheels. It had been years I worked on my M90. ~Royce

Status
Not open for further replies.