Pioneer sk-21 tape speed

Status
Not open for further replies.

FRizzo17

Member (SA)
Nov 22, 2016
I have a Pioneer sk-21. I am having a problem with the tape speed being way to slow. I adjusted the motor speed about 5 or 6 times and each time there was no change in the speed of tape. All belts appear to be in good shape and present. I bought another motor thinking the motor i had was bad. Installed new motor, same problem. What else controls the speed of the motor or speed in general if it isnt the motor? Any help very appreciated, thanks.

JVC Floyd

Inactive (Delete)
May 6, 2009
Maryland USA.
You have to really make sure the screwdriver is turning the screw, sometimes it might seem like Its not doing anything so you have to probe around to make sure you have the screwdriver seated.

FRizzo17

Member (SA)
Nov 22, 2016
Thanks but im sure that im turning the screw. I just noticed now that it will play normal when i increase the speed and then all of a sudden it will play twice as fast after about 45 seconds. I'm thinking its something beside the motor or motor speed.

JVC Floyd

Inactive (Delete)
May 6, 2009
Maryland USA.
Sometimes you have to turn the scew back and forth several times then set the speed
, this cleans the traces inside the speed control.

skippy1969

Member (SA)
May 6, 2009
Baraboo Wisconsin
You might check and be sure the belts are not slipping and check the tension on the pinch wheel and make sure it is giving adequate pressure against the tape and spindle.
Just a couple things to double check. :yes:

Status
Not open for further replies.