Photo

Am I official now? Got a TRC 931! Just needs a little work.

Lasonic TRC 931 Big Ass Boombox Boombox Ghettoblaster

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 tapemaster1.875

tapemaster1.875
  • Members
  • 9 posts
  • LocationOregon, United States

Posted 21 April 2017 - 07:43 AM

So I finally got a Lasonic TRC 931 technically for $7.00. I found a home EQ unit at the thrift for $7.00 and sold it on EBay for $120.00. Then found this TRC 931 on there for the same price and BAM! Anyway, the function switch is stuck, so I need to fix that, the eject button is missing, and it needs a battery cover. Anyone got one? I could probably switch it to line in from inside and just make it one big ass iPod dock, if I can't get the switch mech. to work.

Cheers!

Attached File  image.jpg   121.37K   1 downloads
Attached File  image.jpg   107.82K   2 downloads
Attached File  image.jpg   26.53K   1 downloads

#2 Lasonic TRC-920

Lasonic TRC-920
  • Moderators
  • 13,327 posts
  • LocationNaples, Italy

Posted 21 April 2017 - 09:09 AM

Welcome to the madness, just scored one of these today as well.  :thumbsup:

#3 Fatdog

Fatdog
  • Administrators
  • 9,808 posts
  • LocationMiddle Tennessee, U.S.A.

Posted 21 April 2017 - 09:11 AM

Dang!  That's boss right there.  Be sure and check the Tech Talk section for help with the function switch.  That switch is the weak link in almost every Lasonic ever made, it seems.

http://boomboxery.co...rum/57-trc-931/

#4 Lasonic TRC-920

Lasonic TRC-920
  • Moderators
  • 13,327 posts
  • LocationNaples, Italy

Posted 21 April 2017 - 03:21 PM

Dang!  That's boss right there.  Be sure and check the Tech Talk section for help with the function switch.  That switch is the weak link in almost every Lasonic ever made, it seems.

http://boomboxery.co...rum/57-trc-931/

It's true, but strides have been made in this department and nothing is unfix-able!  :-D Plus, I have to do the same thing, so if need be, we will figure it out together! :cool:

#5 Northerner

Northerner
  • Members
  • 4,070 posts
  • LocationNorth East UK

Posted 22 April 2017 - 02:21 AM

Yep, definitely official now :-)

#6 FWSnake

FWSnake
  • Members
  • 230 posts
  • LocationOregon, USA

Posted 22 April 2017 - 12:37 PM

That's a great snag. Where in Oregon do you live by the way?

#7 tapemaster1.875

tapemaster1.875
  • Members
  • 9 posts
  • LocationOregon, United States

Posted 23 April 2017 - 06:35 AM

I'm in Eugene. What's cool Is The TRC 931 just happened to be in Albany Oregon, so the guy just drove it to me the next day!

I got the function switch working! I don't want to say exactly how I did it because I almost destroyed the whole switch because little tiny pieces went flying out of it! Don't want to be responsible for someone else destroying theirs! I tediously got it back together and rigged up a lever and spring to the slider and now it pulls it back and forth. That's all I can say.

#8 Lasonic TRC-920

Lasonic TRC-920
  • Moderators
  • 13,327 posts
  • LocationNaples, Italy

Posted 28 April 2017 - 12:18 AM

I'm in Eugene. What's cool Is The TRC 931 just happened to be in Albany Oregon, so the guy just drove it to me the next day!

I got the function switch working! I don't want to say exactly how I did it because I almost destroyed the whole switch because little tiny pieces went flying out of it! Don't want to be responsible for someone else destroying theirs! I tediously got it back together and rigged up a lever and spring to the slider and now it pulls it back and forth. That's all I can say.

Nice work....rigging broken pieces back together is a HUGE part of this hobby  :lol:

Mission One: COMPLETE! :thumbsup:

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Lasonic, TRC 931, Big Ass Boombox, Boombox, Ghettoblaster