JVC PC-R11C Stereo Compo System - April 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nickeccles

Member (SA)
Jan 26, 2016
Littlehampton West Sussex

This one was effectively a 'Freebie' due to some investments made in the past

I would not usually pay what I 'best offered' on it let alone the original asking price........

In fact I wouldn't have looked twice at it had it not looked like it was in exceptional condition & 'fully working' as stated in the listing

Anyway I bought it & wondered what I would actually get........

She arrived today & was packed unbelievably well as you will see!!

This is the first stereo I received that needed no more than a light dry dust down - It's in time warp condition & absolutely complete

A quick un needed head & roller clean followed by a quick dust to remove the polystyrene bits & it was ready to play with!!

These are well known in the boomer world & need no introduction - Once again I am feeling very lucky to find one in minty condition that works perfectly

These do need a good source to sound their best - a BASF cassette recorded on the Technics with a demanding track does the trick....................this machine laps it up with tight bass & sweet treble holding the track together nicely - If only youtube video's gave a better representation of what I hear this end..............

I think I have been converted to include compo's in my world now, I have too many not to be a convert!!

Here she is, the condition is simply staggering - the images don't do it justice

1.jpg2.jpg3.jpg4.jpg5.jpg6.jpg7.jpg8.jpg9.jpg10.jpg11.jpg12.jpg13.jpg14.jpg15.jpg16.jpg17.jpg18.jpg19.jpg20.jpg21.jpg22.jpg

https://youtu.be/zCEIzckXOR8

Barb Bush

Member (SA)
Apr 19, 2017
SoCal
Amazing how clean that unit is. Enjoy it.

I have the same model, missing the bottom metal strip on the tuner section of the box. Got if for less than $50 I think. Swapped out the drivers with some Fostex full range drivers and it really came to life. Love the sound.

Cute cat.

PostEnder

Member (SA)
Nov 21, 2012
Southeastern U.S.A.
Good-looking machine there, Mr Eccles, sir. As you state -- and as the many clear photos you provide of the unit indicate -- that JVC PC-R11C is in fine condition. I was going to ask: uh, isn't this the same model of three-piece stereo that I wanted to get once from, say, a Canadian seller on another website, but never could manage so heavy a financial lift?

But no: a Google Image search minutes ago indicates that other model seems to be the PC-R55, according to a PicClick.com posting. With the extra, smaller pair of circular speakers, with its flush-surface tape-deck controls and with a backlit digital display (with the word "MEMORY" printed in a somewhat awkward, hyphenated way to the left of it), that machine probably comes a generation or two after this model does.

Well, got to go. Anyway, as other fans are telling you, enjoy that hefty, well-kept "find." (And try playing something for the ginger-furred one to prance to.)

Status
Not open for further replies.