• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 geoffhartwell

geoffhartwell
  • Members
  • 198 posts
  • Locationsuffolk uk

Posted 16 April 2017 - 02:55 PM

i have an hitachi 8290 , but its got a real fast high pitch pulsing noise, ive had it apart and ive done all the usual cleaning of switches and record play backs, all in input  ports , but if i unplug the deck heads it stops, if i pug the head back in and cross left or right positive with any neg it stops but that only knocks a channel out, any ideas, thanks Geoff

#2 hopey

hopey
  • Members
  • 178 posts
  • LocationMelb AU

Posted 17 April 2017 - 06:09 AM

Hard to tell what you mean. I think your saying it's an audioble noise and not mechanical?

The first thing I would check is your pinch roller because if it's slipping the take up spool clutch may be cutting in and out which will affect the sound.

#3 geoffhartwell

geoffhartwell
  • Members
  • 198 posts
  • Locationsuffolk uk

Posted 17 April 2017 - 10:57 AM

it dose it on radio to, but not as loud, its def  not the pinch roller, its a real hi pitch beep beep beep real fast to

#4 hopey

hopey
  • Members
  • 178 posts
  • LocationMelb AU

Posted 18 April 2017 - 02:06 AM

Sounds like a noisey capacitor in the power supply. Have you trying using battery or DC supply?

#5 baddboybill

baddboybill
  • Boomus Fidelis
  • 10,658 posts
  • LocationIn the middle of nowhere!!

Posted 18 April 2017 - 10:36 AM

I would check the connections on head and also check for pinched insulated head wire

#6 geoffhartwell

geoffhartwell
  • Members
  • 198 posts
  • Locationsuffolk uk

Posted 18 April 2017 - 02:43 PM

still doing it on dc , head connection is good , even changed the head, it also recorded the high pitch beeping onto a tape , with out pressing record, could it be a bad record playback switch

#7 baddboybill

baddboybill
  • Boomus Fidelis
  • 10,658 posts
  • LocationIn the middle of nowhere!!

Posted 18 April 2017 - 08:42 PM

Possibly a bad insulated wire to head or maybe a bad ground on deck too