Yall ever take your boomboxes out of hiding?

Status
Not open for further replies.

FWSnake

Member (SA)
Mar 17, 2017
Oregon, USA
Do you guys ever take your boxes out of the house? If so where? Last time I took my Lasonic to a party, I got mad disrespect, but that didn't stop me. Am I the only one here?

Fatdog

Staff member
May 3, 2009
I used to take my Rising 20/20 to the park when my daughter was younger. The grown-ups would just glance and smile, but the kids would nudge their friends and point at it with big smiles on their faces. A few were brave enough to come over for a closer look and use words like "awesome" and "cool". Sadly, those days are long gone as my daughter is much older now.

However, last year I let a friend borrow my JVC M70 to take to a drive-in theater. He said the response the M70 got was amazing and that most couldn't believe it sounded so good. And to think the M70 came out in '78/'79. :rock:

FWSnake

Member (SA)
Mar 17, 2017
Oregon, USA
Fatdog said:
I used to take my Rising 20/20 to the park when my daughter was younger. The grown-ups would just glance and smile, but the kids would nudge their friends and point at it with big smiles on their faces. A few were brave enough to come over for a closer look and use words like "awesome" and "cool". Sadly, those days are long gone as my daughter is much older now.

However, last year I let a friend borrow my JVC M70 to take to a drive-in theater. He said the response the M70 got was amazing and that most couldn't believe it sounded so good. And to think the M70 came out in '78/'79. :rock:
I coulda sworn that it came out in like 1981. Maybe just the Mandela Effect. Cool story on the Rising though, when did you stop bringing it to the park?

T-STER

Member (SA)
Jul 14, 2014
UK
FWSnake said:
Do you guys ever take your boxes out of the house? If so where? Last time I took my Lasonic to a party, I got mad disrespect, but that didn't stop me. Am I the only one here?
I'm surprised you got disrespect, I get a lot of interest where ever i go.

I take mine to the park often with my son to play Frisbee or ball and we blast it while playing. Last summer i had a boomer in my boot all summer, whenever i was showing a house near the coast i would always take my lunch and sit on the beach with my tunes blasting.

I try to use mine as intended whenever i can.

FWSnake

Member (SA)
Mar 17, 2017
Oregon, USA
T-STER said:

I take mine to the park often with my son to play Frisbee or ball and we blast it while playing. Last summer i had a boomer in my boot all summer, whenever i was showing a house near the coast i would always take my lunch and sit on the beach with my tunes blasting.

I'm at the age where doing anything unique or different garners negativity and judgment.
Van Presence said:
I took my M70 to a mates wedding last yr. Out in a paddock so needed something for the bride's entrance song. Even had matching colour scheme
_20161203_222250.JPG
Holy ****, what an awesome photo! Your car?

Hisrudeness

Member (SA)
Jan 1, 2014
South East London UK

FWSnake

Member (SA)
Mar 17, 2017
Oregon, USA
Hisrudeness said:
March last year in Jamaica.
Why do you think you got disrespected? Are you quite young? 20s or something? Maybe the party goers aren't as nostalgic about these things as some of us on here are.
Yup, very young. Not even 20 yet. And I wasn't even being obnoxious about it, just bringing it along to show to my compadres and kick it to some old school hip hop. Needless to say, my music wasn't a crowd favorite either!

Fatdog

Staff member
May 3, 2009
FWSnake said:
Why do you think you got disrespected? Are you quite young? 20s or something? Maybe the party goers aren't as nostalgic about these things as some of us on here are.
Yup, very young. Not even 20 yet. And I wasn't even being obnoxious about it, just bringing it along to show to my compadres and kick it to some old school hip hop. Needless to say, my music wasn't a crowd favorite either!
You need to find some new compadres. Nobody needs that kind of negativity in their life. :-D :lol: :cool: :yes: :breakdance: :surf:

mellymelsr

Member (SA)
Sep 11, 2009
Northern Cali
I use my boomboxes outside daily. Doing the lawn, bbqing in the backyard, at the basketball court, at the park with the kids...everywhere. I get nothing but positive feedback every time. People usually want a picture. People who know me look at me funny when I don't have a boombox with me...Cali loves boomboxes.

Hisrudeness

Member (SA)
Jan 1, 2014
South East London UK
FWSnake said:
Watch and learn from the people on this forum and you'll have the last laugh on those people.

T-STER

Member (SA)
Jul 14, 2014
UK
JustCruisin said:
You need to find some new compadres. Nobody needs that kind of negativity in their life. :-D :lol: :cool: :yes: :breakdance: :surf:
Wise words of wisdom being spoken.. :cool:
Yeah absolutely. Thats a real shame as i get nothing but positive comments. The only negative i remember is an old couple at the beach last year, they said "what a racket" while i was surrounded by 20 something female holiday makers.... yeah i didn't pay much attention....

FWSnake

Member (SA)
Mar 17, 2017
Oregon, USA
Fatdog said:
You need to find some new compadres. Nobody needs that kind of negativity in their life. :-D :lol: :cool: :yes: :breakdance: :surf: Well the party wasn't just people within my friend group, just anyone from school. But still, they should have appreciated the fact that I hauled that damn boombox to the function. And it crushed the devices people were playing music with too :lol:

Hisrudeness

Member (SA)
Jan 1, 2014
South East London UK
Yeah maybe too much too soon for your school friends. Boombox and old skool hip hop.
Maybe next time the boombox with some of the contemporary ****, crap, auto tunes rubbish that's popular with you youngsters first. You know baby steps, then the old stuff. What box was it anyway?

FWSnake

Member (SA)
Mar 17, 2017
Oregon, USA
Hisrudeness said:
Yeah maybe too much too soon for your school friends. Boombox and old skool hip hop.
Maybe next time the boombox with some of the contemporary shiat, crap, auto tunes rubbish that's popular with you youngsters first. You know baby steps, then the old stuff. What box was it anyway?
Lasonic TRC-975. Got some comments such as:
"Dude, it's so ****ing big. You know phones exist, right?"
"who still uses cassette tapes (though, he had a good point here)?"
"You're too extra, Thomas"

And many more.. :lol:

Van Presence

Member (SA)
Jan 27, 2015
Parnassus, NZ
FWSnake said:

I'm at the age where doing anything unique or different garners negativity and judgment.
Van Presence said:
I took my M70 to a mates wedding last yr. Out in a paddock so needed something for the bride's entrance song. Even had matching colour scheme
_20161203_222250.JPG
Holy fark, what an awesome photo! Your car?

Cheers. No not my car unfortunately. Randomly everything in photo, including me were new in 1980/81

Status
Not open for further replies.