Cars & Boomers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fatdog

Staff member
May 3, 2009
Nice! Stupid question, but is that your Camaro?

1986GLH

Member (SA)
May 2, 2016
WI
Fatdog said:
Thanks! Yes, I've owned the Camaro since 1991. My two sons will have to argue over who gets it someday. :w00t:

FWSnake

Member (SA)
Mar 17, 2017
Oregon, USA
1986GLH said:
Thanks! Yes, I've owned the Camaro since 1991. My two sons will have to argue over who gets it someday. :w00t:
God, you'll never see the end of that. Nice car though. How well does it run? Would you say it's a daily transport level vehicle?

1986GLH

Member (SA)
May 2, 2016
WI
baddboybill said:
Awesome!!! Hard to find em that clean anymore
Thanks! The car still has it's original paint. Has some small nicks and scratches, but looks pretty decent for it's age.

FWSnake said:
God, you'll never see the end of that. Nice car though. How well does it run? Would you say it's a daily transport level vehicle?

It runs great. Just turned 60k on the odometer last summer.

JustCruisin

Member (SA)
Jan 28, 2012
Midwest, USA
That antenna looks like it'll pick up foreign country radio stations!
My buddies mom had an IROC exactly like yours with red interior and Kelly tires back in the 90's too..:yes:

FWSnake

Member (SA)
Mar 17, 2017
Oregon, USA
1986GLH said:
Thanks! The car still has it's original paint. Has some small nicks and scratches, but looks pretty decent for it's age.
FWSnake said:

It runs great. Just turned 60k on the odometer last summer. Nice. I don't know much about cars but heard that after the late 80s all the parts became computerized, therefore working on your vehicle as an amateur became impossible. Do you do all or most of the work personally?

1986GLH

Member (SA)
May 2, 2016
WI
JustCruisin said:
That antenna looks like it'll pick up foreign country radio stations!
My buddies mom had an IROC exactly like yours with red interior and Kelly tires back in the 90's too.. :yes:
Haha! Yes, I was also thinking of it as a gigantic antenna.
I'm told the IROC's with the red trim are somewhat rare. Apparently most of the black ones had either silver or gold trim.
I also snapped a picture of the IROC with that cool toy you sent me a while back!

FWSnake said:
FWSnake said:

It runs great. Just turned 60k on the odometer last summer.
Nice. I don't know much about cars but heard that after the late 80s all the parts became computerized, therefore working on your vehicle as an amateur became impossible. Do you do all or most of the work personally?

Fortunately, the car hasn't needed any work other than routine maintenance. If it did need some repairs, I would probably do them myself. Thanks for the nice comments!

jpetrol251

Member (SA)
Jan 6, 2017
Very nice! loved the IROC.
[sharedmedia=core:attachments:33593]
[sharedmedia=core:attachments:32652]

mellymelsr

Member (SA)
Sep 11, 2009
Northern Cali
2 of my testosterone injections. A 1995 Dodge Viper with 700hp Hennessy motor. Also a 2006 Dodge Charger with 500hp Hemi. Both vehicles have custom exhaust, suspension wheels and color coded interior trim.

20141101_153009(1).jpg20150509_151504.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.