M90 finally done

Status
Not open for further replies.

FWSnake

Member (SA)
Mar 17, 2017
Oregon, USA
Beautiful boombox, Doc. What else do you need to do with it to have it fully complete? I've never closely examined an M90, I just see your lack of a tape door.

Dr DER

Member (SA)
Jan 30, 2015
Refferside Cali
FWSnake said:
Beautiful boombox, Doc. What else do you need to do with it to have it fully complete? I've never closely examined an M90, I just see your lack of a tape door.
. Yes all I need is the cassette door and I'm done. Going to see if I can make a custom plexiglass cover for it .

JVC Floyd

Inactive (Delete)
May 6, 2009
Maryland USA.
I never get to tired of looking at these, the m90 has that no nonsense look about like it's all about business , for pure battle ship like bad ass looks it stands alone.

Dr DER said:
. Yes all I need is the cassette door and I'm done. Going to see if I can make a custom plexiglass cover for it .
I agree making a new one is the way to go,might take a while to get an original. Still looks great though , awesome!.

trippy1313

Member (SA)
Jul 16, 2013
Seattle-Tacoma, WA
Dr DER said:
Gosh I was thinking, "Man that looks good." Didn't even notice the cassette door. Nice work!!!

FWSnake

Member (SA)
Mar 17, 2017
Oregon, USA
Dr DER said:
IMG_1556.JPG
IMG_1557.JPG
IMG_1558.JPG. My custom made cassette door ..
that's a great job on it. Out of my inexperience, I would have thought it was factory standard.
trippy1313 said:
Gosh I was thinking, "Man that looks good." Didn't even notice the cassette door. Nice work!!! took me a second too, blends in well with the entire color scheme of the unit.

All of these posts about people showing off their collections and fancy restorations makes me wish I could own a fancy grail!

HRmeteohub

Member (SA)
Mar 19, 2017
Croatia
Nice work!
I am really amazed by the additions to the tape medium. There are a number of things going on from 1970s - 1990s that improved quality of the sound from cassete. Take a look, this boombox supports metal tapes, has music scanner, timer, and two VU meters... sounds good and looks(ed) cool on the shoulder. :rock: :clap:

Transistorized

Member (SA)
Jun 19, 2012
USA
Excellent job! You've got a keeper for sure :thumbsup: Now with 3D printing options, it is more possible than ever before to help keep these things alive.

Status
Not open for further replies.