Hello from AZ

Status
Not open for further replies.

KandiKlover

Member (SA)
Mar 27, 2017
I have always had an interest in the older square 1980s Japanese boomboxes with their beautiful design. Never managed to get lucky and find one dirt cheap in a thrift shop somewhere. Recently got bit by the bug full on after I found out that a lot of them has Shortwave Radio in them, a big hobby of mine. Love the powerful speaker systems and of course bass in them. I spent a whole week hitting up every store in the Mohave county trying to find any. No luck. Too poor (barely able to keep afloat as it is) for those ebay auctions. But I like the pictures and discussions I see posted here so figured I could at least join in on the socializing if that's ok.

JVC Floyd

Inactive (Delete)
May 6, 2009
Maryland USA.
Welcome, it might be cheaper and easier to buy a boom box from here ,you will have to build up a post count till you are able to access the for sale section.

KandiKlover

Member (SA)
Mar 27, 2017
JVC Floyd said:
Welcome, it might be cheaper and easier to buy a boom box from here ,you will have to build up a post count till you are able to access the for sale section.
Ah thank you :3 I was wondering where that was, the beard man Chris on youtube referred me here and I was wondering where that was. Thanks for the warm welcomes everyone. Nice site.

KandiKlover

Member (SA)
Mar 27, 2017
Northerner said:
Welcome. I've had some mega bargains off eBay, you just need to watch constantly and be quick lol
Well I have had my eye on getting a decent condition Magnavox D8443. I seen em come and go for around $150, is that a good price for one?

fromNKLwithlove

Member (SA)
Jan 8, 2015
FIN
KandiKlover said:
Well I have had my eye on getting a decent condition Magnavox D8443. I seen em come and go for around $150, is that a good price for one?
Well I wouldn't pay that much. They don't sound that good and I don't like Philips/Magnavox :-D

KandiKlover

Member (SA)
Mar 27, 2017
fromNKLwithlove said:
Well I wouldn't pay that much. They don't sound that good and I don't like Philips/Magnavox :-D
Well than tell me something that does sound good for a decent price plz (1980 era)

KandiKlover

Member (SA)
Mar 27, 2017
I saw a pretty clean D8443 pop up on ebay for 85 dollars, tape deck still working and all. Just bought it now. Can't wait to get in the mail.

Fatdog

Staff member
May 3, 2009
KandiKlover said:
I saw a pretty clean D8443 pop up on ebay for 85 dollars, tape deck still working and all. Just bought it now. Can't wait to get in the mail.
:cool: Congratulations!!

KandiKlover

Member (SA)
Mar 27, 2017
Fatdog said:
:cool: Congratulations!!
Thanks! :-D It'll be here Thursday, stocking up on Ds and Cassettes from the thrift store in the meantime. :rock:

Status
Not open for further replies.