JVC M90 screws and switch cap

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trommelmops

Member (SA)
Apr 20, 2017
Brandenburg, Germany
Only for the test i need an original with measurements.....or you measure it out like the other stuff :yes: and this was perfect.....

What 15$ for one screw??????????? this is not real or? Can you tell me the measurements in mm?

And when we need screws i make them all here by myself alone. I got very good ideas to realize them :yes: ......

Trommelmops

Member (SA)
Apr 20, 2017
Brandenburg, Germany
Dear Joe.....

i looked and here i have 6 screws with 2 inches long and 0,11inch in diameter.....3mm in diameter and 5cm long.....

Through pure chance I have disassembled two days ago an old printer from HP and these are the coverscrews.....

Exact what you need :yes:

The have a torx head and no phillips but this is not needed.....You can have all 6......

Here you see the measurements:

20170912_194307.jpg20170912_194313.jpg20170912_194359.jpg

I have see on ebay the price.....is he serious?????? He was hited by a wrecking ball :lol:

Not normal.....here you get all for free...... :thumbsup:

And when i have a bid: Only open your eyes when you go around.....the best screws are in old printers.....Coverscrews are mostly the long ones.....Not ever but often.

And inside there i collect all the shafts cause i build from these all stuff what you can imagine....and the best i pay most of the time nothing for all material :-D But Alu i hae to buy too....the shaft they are very good to turn and mill and they are from steel

polished with perfect dimensions.....And there are so many springs in it.....

caution

Member (SA)
Mar 25, 2014
Boomboxery
I'll post values tomorrow :yes:
The larger cap has a small bevel along the tip like the small one uses.
So, the way it mates with the larger bevels was hard to draw as a 2D view, since that's all I know how to use at the moment.
Got it right I think.

caution

Member (SA)
Mar 25, 2014
Boomboxery
The first pics of the tip and base are the big one, then the small one.
There are four types of case screws, although I think my smallest one is a substitute, and should have a head shaped like the others.

Trommelmops

Member (SA)
Apr 20, 2017
Brandenburg, Germany
Cool pix......what is this for a screw with the regular metric thred with the 4 grooves????? These i can easy rebuild if needed.....the others are standard screws....

50mm x 3mm or 2ich x 0,11inch is the longest one? Like mine on the pictures.....not the screw with the metric thread i mean.....

Ok i wait for the measurements.....then i look what is possible....thx for you help :thumbsup:

what also needed is is a picture and dimension from the switchshaft without the tips......Maybee togehter with the caliper if possible.....

Also the space between the coversides where the switchtips are located. This is important cause maybee i can make them all a little bigger or use the fully space..... :yes:

caution

Member (SA)
Mar 25, 2014
Boomboxery
Maybe that screw is missing some threads to prevent it from seizing? It's going through so much plastic with a fine thread. I'm not sure that's required.

I measured the rectangular shafts the caps fit onto.

Big one: It has a width of 1.2mm, and at the tip it is 3mm tall, but gradually gets taller to 4mm, over a 9mm span.
Small one: It has a width of 1.2mm, and at the tip it is 2mm tall for the entire length of the shaft.
If you notice, the gaps on the caps are 1.1mm, so it's got a slight interference fit.
Actually one of them is 1.2mm, but should be 1.1, my measurements came out a little off.
No idea if you can come close to these, but whatever you come up with will be great :yes:

Trommelmops

Member (SA)
Apr 20, 2017
Brandenburg, Germany
Oh my.....your commitment is great.....First: good drawings :yes: but i need and ask for an other dimension :yes:

I need to think about a picture from the switchshaft without the tips :yes: thats is absolute needed.....

And the dimension from the shaft. the with in both directions and the lenght what is reaching out. How long i mean is it over the cover

The tips are only for the outer dimensions needed. The art of fixng is the point for me......This is the most important. That it is an rectangular shape i read, but i have to see it with my own eyes :w00t:

And then i asking for the space between the both coversides from the frontcover. Here my question: Can the switchcaps be a little wider than the originals?

And for this i need the measurement direct from the frontcover. Im sure all of you understand how important this is.....

And when we talk about the metricscrew with the 4 grooves im sure.....also when i have no own M90, that is not needed. All threads from the cover i can imagine are

not for nuts, i think they are all with plasticthreads.....The metricscrew is not original i think. The dimension and the look is exact like the 2inch long screw with the

needed plasticthread.

Or can you see if there is a little cylinder with a normal metricthread or post where the screw is screwing in?

Ok i think is enough.....When i see the shafts by myself i can better imagine what i can do.... :-)

For the moment top work!

caution

Member (SA)
Mar 25, 2014
Boomboxery
Maybe this is what you need?
Unfortunately my M90 frame is not installed right now, so maybe someone else here would be so kind as to pull one of their large switch caps off and see if they can tell where that notch in the shaft is. I am pretty sure that aligns with the case.

The large switch cap sits 7.5mm onto the shaft, and the small switch cap sits 6mm onto the shaft.

Brownlow

Member (SA)
Jul 15, 2010
I better keep an eye on this thread. Tronnelmops, I think your endeavors might be helpful to a good few of us.

Lord knows I need some case screws and that smaller cap.

Great detail Caution.

Radio raheem

Member (SA)
May 13, 2009
uk
As far as i can tell, the notch in the switches lighns up with the case in both cases lads, that odd looking long screw in the 9th pic is not original ether guys

caution

Member (SA)
Mar 25, 2014
Boomboxery
T;hanks for catching that Rimmer, actually two of them are wrong. Should've known better
The left one on the middle row is for the three spots along the top edge of the back
The bottom screw goes in the other seven sites.

Status
Not open for further replies.