Overwhelmed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brownlow

Member (SA)
Jul 15, 2010
Hi Guys,

Forgive me if I'm coming over a little preachy. I definitely don't want to come over or be thought of that way.

In a world where we are seeing the worst committing the most atrocious of acts to humans, it is nice when acts of kindness from other humans actually remind us how nice we can actually be. You may have seen in another thread that one of the ultimate grails were given away for FREE, you have to pinch yourself or slap yourself silly to register the fact, 'No, you are not sleeping / dreaming, it's true.'

Today, I had the great fortune of picking up this wonderful unit.

20170325_185425.jpg

It was quite a journey which began yesterday evening. Rimmer36 is quite a guy and I enjoyed his company a lot this morning. My sincere thanks to him for his extreme generosity. I will prepare to assemble all of the pieces needed to restore the RC-M90LB.

I am in a good place - thank you Rimmer36.

MyOhMy

Member (SA)
Jul 26, 2015
Sleaford, Lincolnshire, UK.
I think it's the way you tell it, there's an onion nearby stinging my eyes..................

A heart warming story to end my day and I'm so pleased you both showed your caring side.

Radio raheem

Member (SA)
May 13, 2009
uk
God bless Brownlow im just glad she has gone to a good home and possibly will be fully restored, you really put the effort in driving all the way from London, that's how i roll...people who put the effort in get rewarded, i just don't post things of value and you know why...

anyway god bless Mark it was a pleasure to meet you

Fatdog said:
That's the dog's bollocks! Superb! :thumbsup: :cool:
No you're the dogs bollocks my friend, thanks for having me back :thumbsup:

Nickeccles

Member (SA)
Jan 26, 2016
Littlehampton West Sussex
Hi Brownlow!

Yeah Reno is a great guy, very funny & genuine! He really makes me laugh every time we speak on the phone!!

Glad you're happy with the M90 hope you get all the pieces you need for it, sorry I don't have any M90 spares but I am sure some one here can help you :-)

Nick

Radio raheem

Member (SA)
May 13, 2009
uk
stereomad said:
you don't mind them being posted out to you lad! Lol
Lee my friend, i Didn't tell you but you're box was badly damaged in the post and it's in for repairs, but remember i said id take full responsibility if you posted out so i am, and you know how good you're packing is lad, so no i wont post lad lol it's my ol m90 Lee bro and im just glad to have her back :-) so yes i can't drive and have no choice lad but to have them posted :thumbsup:

stereomad

Member (SA)
Apr 9, 2012
crawley
I can not see how it could of got damaged Reno, I went well over the top with the packing
I did make a video of it fully working on all functions including the tape deck a couple of days before I sent it.....the serial number and date is shown on it as well......I can't work out how to put the vid on here

Radio raheem

Member (SA)
May 13, 2009
uk
stereomad said:
I can not see how it could of got damaged Reno, I went well over the top with the packing
I did make a video of it fully working on all functions including the tape deck a couple of days before I sent it.....the serial number and date is shown on it as well......I can't work out how to put the vid on here
I Beleve you lee, it's just one of those things my friend, they must have thrown it 50 ft across the yard to do the damage they did :blush: :-)

Brownlow

Member (SA)
Jul 15, 2010
Nickeccles said:
Hi Brownlow!

Yeah Reno is a great guy, very funny & genuine! He really makes me laugh every time we speak on the phone!!

Glad you're happy with the M90 hope you get all the pieces you need for it, sorry I don't have any M90 spares but I am sure some one here can help you :-)

Nick
A very down to earth fella. I enjoyed his company. I do feel quite honored to have captured a M90. It needs quite a bit of work, but I'd rather have an M90 that needs work than no M90 (which was my status only a few days ago).

SLO said:
Great teamwork,congrats and keep us updated on the assembly.
Thanks. I will certainly do my best. I am sure in the Boomboxery heartlands there are (even now) a few bits of M90 knocking around. I hope they are the bits I need.

MyOhMy said:
I think it's the way you tell it, there's an onion nearby stinging my eyes..................

A heart warming story to end my day and I'm so pleased you both showed your caring side.
It was a good day, it worked out well. You never really know how these things can go, but in the PMs I got a sincere tone from Rimmer36. So, the move was on. :-)

Rimmer36 said:
God bless Brownlow im just glad she has gone to a good home and possibly will be fully restored, you really put the effort in driving all the way from London, that's how i roll...people who put the effort in get rewarded, i just don't post things of value and you know why...

anyway god bless Mark it was a pleasure to meet you

No you're the dogs bollocks my friend, thanks for having me back :thumbsup:
It was a great day Reno, it was no fluke it was a very sunny day :-D .

blu_fuz said:
I didn't cry, but this is in pretty good shape.
Them straps are on my list too, how can they not be?

It does need a bit of work, the picture doesn't highlight everything, but it's okay.

JVC Floyd said:
I can't think of any m90 that beats a free m90 ,glad it worked out.
I think you're right. This M90 has a story to it, which makes it even more sentimental.

Fatdog said:
You know it Fatdog. It is. I'm still pinching myself, I am using the Line In from the computer, it makes a racket :thumbsup:

Status
Not open for further replies.