My humble boombox collection pt. 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

fromNKLwithlove

Member (SA)
Jan 8, 2015
FIN
My collection has evolved and grown.. https://boomboxery.com/forum/index.php/topic/22814-my-humble-boombox-collection/

So..

Sony CFS-FM7
CFS-FM7.jpg
Detachable radio :thumbsup:

Hitachi TRK-6701W
TRK-6701W.jpg

Hitachi TRK-8290E
TRK-8290E.jpg

Hitachi TRK-8180EM
TRK-8180EM.jpg
Great big VU's

Panasonic RX-5600LS
RX-5600LS.jpg

Silver ST-858
ST-858.jpg
Classy boomer :-)

Goldstar TSR-800
TSR-800.jpg
Beater, going to order new speakers soon. This is my only one from eBay.

Sharp GF-9494H
GF-9494H.jpg

Crown CSC-850
CSC-850.jpg

Rising SRC-2005
SRC-2005.jpg
The one that got me into collecting boomboxes.

Sharp GF-777Z
GF-777Z.jpg
My newest, not many in Finland. I didn't think i was ever going to find one. I thought these sound bad, but no..

Sanyo M-X920
M-X920.jpg
My favourite one, i just love how it looks.

MyOhMy

Member (SA)
Jul 26, 2015
Sleaford, Lincolnshire, UK.
Impressive, very impressive indeed. You've created a rather special gallery with these images, the way you've portrayed these boxes looks sophisticated and artistic. I hope to learn from this! :yes: :thumbsup: :rock:

blu_fuz

Staff member
Jun 3, 2009
WI
Very impressive. Glad to see you scored a 777 in your area too because one of those probably wouldn't survive a trip from anywhere.

fromNKLwithlove

Member (SA)
Jan 8, 2015
FIN
MyOhMy said:
Impressive, very impressive indeed. You've created a rather special gallery with these images, the way you've portrayed these boxes looks sophisticated and artistic. I hope to learn from this! :yes: :thumbsup: :rock:
Thank you :-) I would like to spend more time to capture these beasts correctly, but im always in too hurry to post them to this forum haha :lol: I have to work on my patience. It's still -2C here, but spring is around the corner. Maby ill post some outdoors pictures later.

MART said:
Fantastic collection
I Love them all!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
:coolpics:
Thanks, i love them all too!! :clap:

blu_fuz said:
Very impressive. Glad to see you scored a 777 in your area too because one of those probably wouldn't survive a trip from anywhere.
Yea i was really amazed when i noticed it appear to local auction site. Called the owned instantly and made a deal. 100€ :cool: He said that it was his brother in law who was in Asia on a work trip in early 80's who bought this unit and brought it to Finland. He called me few days ago and said he found the original owners manual and is going to send it to me asap. I was like :smooch:

baddboybill said:
Very nice!!
Hisrudeness said:
Nice boxes and nicely presented.
ralrein1 said:
Rad collection bud!!!

Thanks guys, means a lot! :beer2:

SLO

Member (SA)
May 19, 2014
Inland Empire, Southern California
MyOhMy said:
I agree 100%! Its a time consuming task to set up and take pics of all of em 1 by one. Great collection and presentation! Love it

fromNKLwithlove

Member (SA)
Jan 8, 2015
FIN
Thank you guys/gals!

Year 2017 has been great for my collection, 5 of those boxes i have found in this year :-) I have disregarded many good boomers (Crown SZ-5100, Philips D8444 and Aiwa TRP-968 just to name a few) just because i didn't want them in my collection. I feel privileged because i'v found so many boomers and could pick the ones i like. At the moment i don't have the space to display any more boomboxes, but ill still keep eyes open :lol: There is so many i still do want.. :drool: :lol:

Line Out

Member (SA)
Jul 16, 2012
Finland
Katos katos, muitaki keräilijöitä! Ootko löytäny kaikki patsi TSR-800:n Suomesta? Itellä ei oo Suomen löytöjä ku muutama, melkeen kaikki Saksan eBaysta.

Sorry for the Finnish language. Just said that it is nice to see others from Finland too and asked if he found them all from there. Just because my own collection is mostly from German eBay and most of them were (and still are) cosmetically in quite bad condition.

fromNKLwithlove

Member (SA)
Jan 8, 2015
FIN
Line Out said:
Katos katos, muitaki keräilijöitä! Ootko löytäny kaikki patsi TSR-800:n Suomesta? Itellä ei oo Suomen löytöjä ku muutama, melkeen kaikki Saksan eBaysta.

Sorry for the Finnish language. Just said that it is nice to see others from Finland too and asked if he found them all from there. Just because my own collection is mostly from German eBay and most of them were (and still are) cosmetically in quite bad condition.
Joo, kaikki muut on Suomesta paitsi Goldstar! Tuuri varmaan käyny, ei noita paljoa kyllä täällä näy..

And in English; Yea, every boomer is from Finland except Goldstar. I guess I have been lucky, you dont see many quality boomers here in Finland..

I'v sold some of my boomers, had to make room(and money) for other stuff. I still got 10 tho.. :lol:

fromNKLwithlove

Member (SA)
Jan 8, 2015
FIN
Hurb said:
Wow! Amazing stuff!! That 8180 is a beast, never seen that one before... straight into my wishlist top10!!
Yea man, I love 8180's VU's!!

stereomad said:
Very nicely presented boxes
Thanks, I think i'll be taking some better pictures soon.

metalhandbag said:
Nice quality boxes .
Thanks, I like them too!

This is my setup atm:

kaaakakkak.jpg

And thats sideways but I dont care!

Status
Not open for further replies.