Silver Sanyo Big Ben now restored fully working.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hisrudeness

Member (SA)
Jan 1, 2014
South East London UK
I bought two silver big ben's last year but they both turned up with technical issues and covered in cigarette tar! I like the silver version because of the metal woofer chamber grille. ( I like the two tone big bens but not keen on the cloth grille)
So after a massive clean up and some repair work my 1st one is now up and running.

Some before and afters for you folks.

There was so much crud on this box that I had to resort to using Cillit cleaning solution as the washing up soap wasn't cutting through the grime!

https://youtu.be/NheJHGAc9AA

https://youtu.be/NheJHGAc9AA

Just need to try and match paint for the woofer grille and the first one is done.

Will probably offer one of these for sale or trade at some stage.

Attachments

Hisrudeness

Member (SA)
Jan 1, 2014
South East London UK
ralrein1 said:
Same video twice in a row? Anyway very nice box you've got there. Great to hear you've got her up and runnin',she's a beauty.
Yes sorry, sometimes the pics and link don't go on in the same order you planned!

If the mods could delete one of the vids?

T-STER

Member (SA)
Jul 14, 2014
UK
Lovely Rudey, was never sure about the big ben but it sounds great. Really nice in silver to :)

Hisrudeness

Member (SA)
Jan 1, 2014
South East London UK
T-STER said:
Lovely Rudey, was never sure about the big ben but it sounds great. Really nice in silver to :)
Before you know who comes on here and starts trashing the box. "Had one .....gave it away....blah blah blah!" It sounds pretty good. Lots of flexibility with the two bass controls and the top end is very good. Good detail.

Radio raheem

Member (SA)
May 13, 2009
uk
yes i gave it away because it was dead, esteemed member Nickfish drove to wales and had the box, if more people did this the world would be a much better place instead of money money money, but yes best box sanyo ever made, whats wrong with giving something away and helping someone out?, i see you now beleve the trash about me from years ago, i have nothing more to say to you

Northerner

Member (SA)
Apr 16, 2012
North West UK
It's a lovely looking beast.

And Reno...I still love yer mate...giving stuff away to other forum members is part of what makes for a good group :-) :-)

docs

Member (SA)
Jun 26, 2010
United Kingdom
NIce job Rudey, one of my favourite boxes out there and when used regularly and carefully, they do sound amazing.

Hisrudeness

Member (SA)
Jan 1, 2014
South East London UK
Rimmer36 said:
yes i gave it away because it was dead, esteemed member Nickfish drove to wales and had the box, if more people did this the world would be a much better place instead of money money money, but yes best box sanyo ever made, whats wrong with giving something away and helping someone out?, i see you now beleve the trash about me from years ago, i have nothing more to say to you
Good....I'll hold you to that.

docs said:
NIce job Rudey, one of my favourite boxes out there and when used regularly and carefully, they do sound amazing.
I wasn't sure what to expect soundwise but it's pretty good, separation for a one piece is good. Yeah I'm quite pleased. Bredgeo has done some 3D printing for me for the missing knobs on the second box. If anyone knows they're way around Big Bens it's you Dave.

blu_fuz

Staff member
Jun 3, 2009
WI
That was really grungy but the effort to clean it up turned out nice!

caution

Member (SA)
Mar 25, 2014
Boomboxery
What a difference, it looks fantastic now.
Smoker's film is the worst, I've never had to try so hard to clean something. I swear if I used anything stronger on it the paint, chrome and plastic would start coming off :lol:

BoomboxLover48

Member (SA)
Dec 3, 2010
Chicago, IL
caution said:
What a difference, it looks fantastic now.
Smoker's film is the worst, I've never had to try so hard to clean something. I swear if I used anything stronger on it the paint, chrome and plastic would start coming off :lol:
Rudey,

Eric the magician can do some magic with decals. Mine looks like new now.

Attachments

Status
Not open for further replies.