M90 refresh

Status
Not open for further replies.

stereomad

Member (SA)
Apr 9, 2012
crawley
So about six months ago Rory (hisrudeness) brought over his cousins tired looking m90 for me to work some magic on, this m90 is kind of special because his cousin has owned it from new
It needed a speaker repair and a good strip down and clean,the speakers was badly faded and needed painting which isn't easy as they have a plastic coating and can only be spayed without getting a gloss finish,you don't want them to shiny!
I also gave the tweeters and speaker grills a repaint
It took me a while to get round to doing it (sorry Rory) but well worth the wait I think
Here's some shots of the before and after and the strip down

Attachments

Hisrudeness

Member (SA)
Jan 1, 2014
South East London UK
This is a special box as Des had this from new (1983/84) and he bought it in Tottenham Court Road as they weren't readily available in high street shops. He's not a collector and only has the one box so this will mean the world to him.

When I first heard this very box many years ago it was then I realised that not all boomers were created equal!
The deck has also been serviced and a small tear in the speaker repaired.

Masterfull work from Lee yet again! Des was flabbergasted when he saw the pictures!

JVC Floyd

Inactive (Delete)
May 6, 2009
Maryland USA.
I still marvel at the m90, I don't know why it just mesmerizes me. Without those signature blue woofers it would not stand out the way it does apart from the crowd. The m90 is the most o.g
pimp ass gangster hard core motherfucking boombox even if it's nothing else ,that's enough. Awesome work Lee.

Status
Not open for further replies.