Boomboxes in De La Soul music video

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 FWSnake

FWSnake
  • Members
  • 41 posts

Posted 18 March 2017 - 06:38 PM

Hey, can anyone identify these two boomboxes?

At 1:00, Professor Defbeat sets down a nice-looking one on the desk and at 1:56 a guy is using one that looks VERY snazzy. I hope someone can tell me what these two models are, as I wouldn't mind hunting for one.  :-D

#2 JVC Floyd

JVC Floyd
  • Boomus Fidelis
  • 5,001 posts

Posted 18 March 2017 - 09:55 PM

Its the same box on both shots , I know member space lobster has that model.I don't remember what the name of the box is though.

#3 FWSnake

FWSnake
  • Members
  • 41 posts

Posted 18 March 2017 - 11:33 PM

Its the same box on both shots , I know member space lobster has that model.I don't remember what the name of the box is though.

Is it? I coulda sworn they were different, but that's maybe because the entirety of the first one isn't in shot.

#4 fromNKLwithlove

fromNKLwithlove
  • Members
  • 244 posts
  • LocationFIN

Posted 19 March 2017 - 03:58 AM

They are not the same boomboxes. I think the second one is Panamax Pana-8701 and Floyd is right, SpaceLobster has one(or used to have one).

http://boomboxery.co...ers-collection/

#5 FWSnake

FWSnake
  • Members
  • 41 posts

Posted 19 March 2017 - 10:34 AM

They are not the same boomboxes. I think the second one is Panamax Pana-8701 and Floyd is right, SpaceLobster has one(or used to have one).

http://boomboxery.co...ers-collection/

Yup, I think that's the one. Good looking out!

#6 SpaceLobster

SpaceLobster
  • Members
  • 596 posts
  • LocationUppsala, Sweden

Posted 20 March 2017 - 10:28 AM

NKL love is right, the second one is the panamax I used to have. I sold it because it was plastic and generally kinda lame, it's in Finland now I think :-D

First one I've seen too, can't remember what its called..

Peace

#7 FWSnake

FWSnake
  • Members
  • 41 posts

Posted 20 March 2017 - 09:35 PM

NKL love is right, the second one is the panamax I used to have. I sold it because it was plastic and generally kinda lame, it's in Finland now I think :-D

First one I've seen too, can't remember what its called..

Peace

Did it at least sound good?