My Collection of 3 years

Status
Not open for further replies.

SLO

Member (SA)
May 19, 2014
Inland Empire, Southern California
Hey everyone, its been awhile since I posted anything here, although we have been plenty active out here in California.

So 3 years have gone by since my 1st boombox purchase, and boy what a ride its been! I've met soooo many great people and their families, I've met many hip hop music artists that I idolized as a kid growing up, I,ve helped with content for Boombox Magazine, been to mini-meets everywhere from BBQ's to Las Vegas and the list goes on and on. With mor e in store for the future.

Anyhow here are a few videos to show my collection after year one, and also after year 3. Only 2 are not featured in the year 3 video, which are a NIB LASONiC LPC-88, and a NIB, black Emerson CTR-949B. A small few have been sold, traded, or given as gifts to family. Some come and some go ;-) So here you go. Most are powered up and playing on the same local FM station. Enjoy everyone, and keep on boomin...CHEERS!

Year 1
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7_4zU_R7BgA

Year 3
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZfPtCKhVBtE

SLO

Member (SA)
May 19, 2014
JustCruisin said:
Dang, I wanna hang out there! Great vids.. :yes:
Where do you find your NIB blasters..? :hmmm:
That VZ-2000 is super clean!
Thanks James ;-) Most were setup and displayed just for the video, I need to figure out a good shelving system to display em all properly. The NIB ones are stored in my garage at the moment. Maybe i'll post em up when I get some free time.

Van Presence said:
Wow. They all so Shiny. Some epic machines in there. What's the record player 1 next to the mini yellows?
Thanks brother, most have already been taken apart and meticulously cleaned and scrubbed by yours truly here, but there are a couple that I haven't even begun to open up yet. Like my HELIX HX-4635, the EMERSON XLC55 TV box and the dirty lil SANYO on top of it. Some we're clean and functioning perfect upon purchase and left alone other than an external detail.

The turntable box you asked about is the JVC DC-33. Full details and photos about it are in one of the issues of Boombox Magazine. Sweet little box that I bought from outstanding member here, Scott, aka skippy1969 :cool:

stereomad

Member (SA)
Apr 9, 2012
crawley
Nicely presented and some real gems there.........give it another couple of years and you won't be able to move in that room! Lol

caution

Member (SA)
Mar 25, 2014
Boomboxery
Steve it's impressive what you've put together in only three years, just gorgeous! Excited to see what comes next. That Pannie is just... :drool:
I'll never get over how shiny the Lasonic is. Go chrome or go home!

SLO

Member (SA)
May 19, 2014
stereomad said:
Nicely presented and some real gems there.........give it another couple of years and you won't be able to move in that room! Lol
MART said:
Fantastic collection!!!!!!!!!
Loved watching the videos

:breakdance:
Thanks guys ;-) I appreciate the positive feedback. @stereomad...Lol, yea its already crammed to capacity, but some went back to other rooms after the vid.

jimmyjimmy19702010 said:
After watching year 3 video = speechless!!
Amazing collection - all of the heavy hitters represented in style! :-)
Thanks bro, that means alot coming from the DIY king :-)

BoomboxLover48 said:
Wow! Beautiful collection! All high end boxes! Very impressive! :jawdrop: :jawdrop: :drool: :drool: :drool: :hooray: :hooray:
caution said:
Steve it's impressive what you've put together in only three years, just gorgeous! Excited to see what comes next. That Pannie is just... :drool:
I'll never get over how shiny the Lasonic is. Go chrome or go home!
Thanks you guys, its been a great 3 years to say the least. I've slowed down quite a bit on acquiring more, but I gotta say Im pretty content at the moment, and I rotate play time on them regularly. I need more outlets Lol.

T-STER

Member (SA)
Jul 14, 2014
UK
Woah that is impressive. I watched the 1 year video and thought "damn some nice boxes in there", Year 3 video i was just mouth open :drool: :drool:

Some nice boxes in there and some big hitters.

SLO

Member (SA)
May 19, 2014
T-STER said:
Woah that is impressive. I watched the 1 year video and thought "damn some nice boxes in there", Year 3 video i was just mouth open :drool: :drool:

Some nice boxes in there and some big hitters.
Thank you T, I'm glad you enjoyed the videos. One day I hope to have a proper wall of Boom, and have them ALL powered up and playing. Goals ;-)

fromNKLwithlove

Member (SA)
Jan 8, 2015
FIN
SLO said:
One day I hope to have a proper wall of Boom, and have them ALL powered up and playing. Goals ;-)
That would be so cool... :chris920:

Great collection you got there! It's nice to get to that mindset in collecting, where you don't have to buy every boomer you see. You can start to pick just the ones you really really want ;-)

blu_fuz

Staff member
Jun 3, 2009
WI
Its only been 3 years!? Great collection for the time frame and cheers to many more!

Status
Not open for further replies.