Sharp GF-A1 belts needed

Status
Not open for further replies.

danielbisca

Member (SA)
Mar 3, 2017
Hi everyone,
I have recently got a Sharp GF-A1 and a Sharp GF-A2 units for restoration. I had one of those when I was a kid, it's a nostalgic thing for me. In order to be able to restore them, I need the belts and an idler tire. I already have the pinch rollers for replacement, but I need the belts and tires. Does anybody know which ones I am looking for and where I could find them? Or a service manual for this unit?
The A1 and A2 share the same mechanism, so the same belts and all.

Thanks in advance!

Dan

caution

Member (SA)
Mar 25, 2014
Boomboxery
Sounds right Bill, there's an epay auction for an SCX8.0 belt for a GF-A2, but I can't figure out if there's more than one belt inside.

daniel, turntableneedles.com is my source for belts. They just happen to be close to my house, but they're great. They even have free international shipping if it's just a belt or two.

"• Small belt orders under one ounce and not too thick generally have FREE SHIPPING via International first class letter mail (has NO tracking) which ships from the USA via the United States Post Office."

danielbisca

Member (SA)
Mar 3, 2017
Thank you all, it looks like the belts are SBS 8.0. I'll get those, but does anybody know about that damn idler tire?

danielbisca

Member (SA)
Mar 3, 2017
caution said:
Sounds right Bill, there's an epay auction for an SCX8.0 belt for a GF-A2, but I can't figure out if there's more than one belt inside.

daniel, turntableneedles.com is my source for belts. They just happen to be close to my house, but they're great. They even have free international shipping if it's just a belt or two.

"• Small belt orders under one ounce and not too thick generally have FREE SHIPPING via International first class letter mail (has NO tracking) which ships from the USA via the United States Post Office."
I'm there right now, their prices seem fair. Thanks!

baddboybill

Member (SA)
Jul 14, 2009
Hudson Florida
You can try studio sound. They sell tires but dont have a huge selection any more. Otherwise sometimes orings from hardware store can possibly work. Having a bad old one can help with measurements

hopey

Member (SA)
Dec 28, 2014
Melb AU
danielbisca said:
Thank you all, it looks like the belts are SBS 8.0. I'll get those, but does anybody know about that damn idler tire?
Yes just use a rubber o'ring works a treat!

Trommelmops

Member (SA)
Apr 20, 2017
Brandenburg, Germany
if i know the tyre sizes i rebuild it maybee on the lathe. but the only i must have is an exemplar to measure it. or the correct sizes. Sometimes it would be bette for me with a drawing......or a handmade sketch.....

many things are possible......i make also my pinch rollers i my workshop.....not easy but it works :yes:

i think my keyboard is on vacation...

Status
Not open for further replies.