Super rare aka. Golden Blockbuster.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hisrudeness

Member (SA)
Jan 1, 2014
South East London UK
Just recieved this box from Japan. Absolutely no information on the internet apart from the auction that I won.
So it's a Funai RCS-300G. It unlike Rising Aka's is a clear aka of the famous G.E 3-5259 Blockbuster.
Firstly it's gold in colour with a maroon tuner dial. It has twin 3 colour leds instead of sweep needle meters. It is multi voltage.
This box took a battering on the way to me with a lot of damage on the back cover and the cassette door suffered as well. It's a pity because it's really an eye catching and charismatic box with those big leds. Like the Blockbuster it's a punchy bassy boombox and works great on line-in.

Attachments

blu_fuz

Staff member
Jun 3, 2009
WI
Whoa dude, what a cool find!!! I have never seen one in gold and the LED meters are great.

samovar

Member (SA)
Jun 7, 2014
Italy
I am not a fan of golden boxes, although I own some. But your Funai is a wonder! Too bad it was damaged in transit but I'm sure you'll restore it to its pristine beauty soon! :-)

Hisrudeness

Member (SA)
Jan 1, 2014
South East London UK
Thank you gents. The box was well bubble wrapped with the stuff with the big bubbles. Unfortunately it didn't fill out the whole packing box and it rattled around too much hence the damage. The door concerns me as the little hook lugs that hold it on the frame are snapped. Any suggestions on how to repair? Using a G.E door is out the question as it's the wrong colour and graphic on it.......

JVC Floyd said:
What a beauty and 53 watts power consumption she should rock.
They do sound good for a smallish box Floyd. Have you had a listen to this type before?

Attachments

T-STER

Member (SA)
Jul 14, 2014
UK
Whoa the gold with maroon trim is awesome, thats gotta be rare as hens teeth. I love the look, a Blocky with LED's in gold :drool: :drool: :drool:

Hisrudeness

Member (SA)
Jan 1, 2014
South East London UK
caution said:
Do you still have the plastic hooks? If not you could fashion your own and weld them on.
The remains of the hooks are worthless now. Just plastic crumbs really. Will have to think of something else. The door and the glass are in pretty decent condition so we'll see.

Radio raheem

Member (SA)
May 13, 2009
uk
Just beutiful Rory, just had an m90 in the post and it's been badly damaged, it was packed great too, this is one reason i do pick up only, fark sending anything valuable by the post lad

Radio raheem

Member (SA)
May 13, 2009
uk
Hisrudeness said:
Did Doc's not post you out an 880 last year? Stereomad an M90?
Yes it's stereomads m90 thats been badly damaged Rory, i said nothing because i dont want a drama, also what can Lee do he did his best in posting it and i said i would take full responsability also he slashed £200 off the price so he has done his bit, all you can do is claim of the insurance and basically when you do that you get you're money back but the radio goes into landfill well im not up for that as this m90 is a special one, both the case has been damaged and the electronics, such is life, it is in for repair now
docs 880 is fine, but there is no way im posting anything to anyone, it's pick up only...when it comes to things like this im afraid, when it comes to me im cursed mate, i have no luck but then look at the damage you're radio took, im suprised you will post anything eather

Status
Not open for further replies.