Might have been BNIB?!?! Oh the humanity!

Status
Not open for further replies.

blu_fuz

Staff member
Jun 3, 2009
WI
Could have been a BRAND NEW, IN BOX, all paperwork, MINT JVC M70, but some asshole decided to RIP apart the ORIGINAL BOX and use it as packing material?!?!?!?!

You just can't make this **** up, wow. I would have hunted down the package that had my M70's original box tore apart in. Get all the pieces back and start taping it together.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Vintage-JVC-RC-M70-Boombox-AM-FM-Short-Wave-Stereo-Cassette-Works-/201845327051?hash=item2efeeb44cb%3Ag%3A5d0AAOSw%7EAVYvxzP&nma=true&si=b7qeK%252FVGVs2cFxhAAgaIxiNCwOM%253D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557

JustCruisin

Member (SA)
Jan 28, 2012
Midwest, USA
Wow, great price! I believe people tear apart boxes all the time not knowing people who collect them really do care about original packaging.. I'd probably do the same to a VCR box, not knowing if VCR collectors are out there..? :lol:

crazygamer

Member (SA)
Jul 31, 2015
Estonia, Tallinn
Well, not just all people know that one box can be so valuable, but why someone even used it as a packing material ? It sure was the most expensive packing material ever used :lol: But no, that´s sad, judging by the condition it probably was BNIB radio, who knows. Has anyone have a photo of M70 box or ever seen one ?

blu_fuz

Staff member
Jun 3, 2009
WI
Yes, we have all seen a NIB M70, matter of fact I know a member here owns it.

caution

Member (SA)
Mar 25, 2014
Boomboxery
When I first read your post I thought the seller tore it up.
I like how they were able to get the auction house to go back through security camera footage, that's really cool of them.
And discovered one of their own did it? I wonder if it still works there :hmmm:

superlew

Member (SA)
Apr 22, 2012
Woburn, MA
Excellent price.
Shame about the original box.
Maybe they should have included a copy of the security tape or some screenshots - Might have added some provenance, considering they had all that paperwork. :w00t:
Either way, someone got a great deal.

ford93

Member (SA)
May 7, 2009
Former New Yorker
Lucky guy or gal for sure!!

It even has the UL sticker on the back!

Too bad they tore up the cardboard that would have made that box very expensive at the auction block!

MyOhMy

Member (SA)
Jul 26, 2015
Sleaford, Lincolnshire, UK.
Oh dear, my flabber has been well and truly gasted! There's little to be gained by crying over spilt milk but................I mean, even a chuffin' idiot should have known better - some folk even manage to sell the empty boxes for profit.

*shakes head*

MART

Member (SA)
Nov 29, 2016
Wakefield, West York's
I guess we all have to do our bit towards re-cycling our cardboard but this is just crazy!!!!!!

:sadno: :sadno: :sadno: :sadno: :sadno: :sadno: :sadno: :sadno: :sadno: :sadno: :sadno: :sadno: :sadno: :sadno: :sadno: :sadno:

The one below was supposed to be the last UN -Opened M70 on planet Earth

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S_Up5EBGkJk

redbenjoe

I Am Legend
May 6, 2009
florida
actually --the $$ commercial value of a big cardboard box may not be obvious to every non-collector -
it consumes alot of space -
and if it needs to be stored in a humid garage or a wet basement ...
its will become a soggy stinky P.O.S loaded with roach turds and rat piss.

i have had a few NIB goodies and trashed the original cartons... no regrets

best deal is to simply enjoy the contents and some good music

Status
Not open for further replies.