My telefunken Studio M1 has no hole !

Status
Not open for further replies.

BoomboxLover48

Member (SA)
Dec 3, 2010
Chicago, IL
You have to engage play mode for the head to come up and engage, when that hole aligns with one of the spring loaded play back head alignment screws. In most cases that screw will have spring under it for back and forth movement of the head, when the other side of the head assembly is fixed.

So in play mode, that hole aligns to the head alignment screw. Then one can easily put a screw driver straight to the screw head.

In stop position that screw and hole won't align.

I believe that is the hole you are referring to.

stevenrob

Member (SA)
Sep 6, 2016
France, North
Hello, yes you're right.
My version has not the hole so I would like to drill one but I need the position to do.
I could use the text as a marker but it is not the same on my model.

I could use the text as a marker but it is not the same on my model.

Attachments

BoomboxLover48

Member (SA)
Dec 3, 2010
Chicago, IL
baddboybill said:
Not 100% sure but most models without hole you have to remove door
Bill is correct!

If you remove the door cover and access (straight to the alignment screw head with a screw driver tip) the head alignment screws in play mode, there is no need to drill a hole.

stevenrob

Member (SA)
Sep 6, 2016
France, North
Hi,

I understand but I'm not sure the position of the tape be the same. I'm going to try without the front but for the moment I wait for a spring for the tape deck.

superlew

Member (SA)
Apr 22, 2012
Woburn, MA
The center of the hole is exactly 1.5 cm from the top edge of the aluminum trim above the deck door ; exactly 8 cm from the left edge of the aluminum trim. I tried to get the pics as head-on as I could, but it's still kind of hard to see. The measurements above are correct. The hole's diameter is about 3 mm.

20170310_160334.jpg

20170310_160514.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.