Restoring Pioneer SK-550

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vintagetreasures313

Member (SA)
Feb 26, 2017
Hello everyone, I have a Pioneer SK-550 with a tape deck stuck closed and the record button is stuck down. Does anyone have a manual for this model? I don't know anything about boomboxes and I would like to figure out how to fix the tape deck. Thanks

caution

Member (SA)
Mar 25, 2014
Boomboxery
According to a quick Google search, you can't open the boombox without removing a couple of screws inside the cassette bay, but you can remove the cassette door to get at them, even if eject won't work. It snaps off, so you might have to pop out some tabs or slide it a little.

BoomboxLover48

Member (SA)
Dec 3, 2010
Chicago, IL
I remember seeing that thread by Superduper Mr. Norm. I will look up for it. Once you know what you are doing, it is very simple to open it. The lock is right under the left side of the cassette door, viewed from the front
Here is the link...

https://boomboxery.com/forum/index.php/topic/2173-anyone-have-a-pioneer-sk-550/?hl=%2Bpioneer+%2B550. You have to slide out the cassette door cover and use a firm thin cut plastic piece and move that lever up to release the lock. Any metal type of tools will scratch it up badly. I would slide a thin cut X-ray film or a 1 cm wide cut old credit card, bend at right angle at the end.

Status
Not open for further replies.