• Please log in to reply
117 replies to this topic

#61 FWSnake

FWSnake
  • Members
  • 230 posts
  • LocationOregon, USA

Posted 10 April 2017 - 11:24 PM

Another Sunday has rolled around so that means another trip to the market.

Pickings were thinner on the ground this week but I still managed to buy a few boxes.

First up is this Philips D8234 - I try to stay away from 3 piece machines but lately I've started buying more.  This is a cool little machine, looks kinda funky.
attachicon.gifDSC_0411.JPG

JVC PC-V88 - Big machine with an LCD instead of a tuner scale.  Loud and thumping.
attachicon.gifDSC_0410.JPG

Grundig C 8000 - Same again, I don't normally go for Monos or Mono looking machines unless they look cool, which this does, so I bought it.
attachicon.gifDSC_0409.JPG

International Mod.628 - Nice looking machine which is the reason I bought it.  Can't find any info about it though.
attachicon.gifDSC_0408.JPG

Machines I passed up on

Sony CFS 45L - Ultimately a nice machine but the seller wanted too much so I left it.
attachicon.gifDSC_0406.JPG

Siemens Mono unkown model - Not my style so left it.
attachicon.gifDSC_0402.JPG

Sony CFS W480S & Sony CFS 710S - I tried to like these but they just didn't do anything for me so these stayed.
attachicon.gifDSC_0401.JPG

So this is it up to now, I'm taking photos of everything I own and posting them up in a collections thread.

How much was the guy with the CFS-45 charging? I own one and I can say there isn't really anything spectacular about it. Got it for about $40

#62 Sel The Don

Sel The Don
  • Members
  • 182 posts
  • LocationBursa, Turkey

Posted 11 April 2017 - 06:03 AM

It was about $25 for the unit. It's not one that I'm desperate for so I left it.

I'm gonna have some photos for you later mate :)

#63 Sel The Don

Sel The Don
  • Members
  • 182 posts
  • LocationBursa, Turkey

Posted 16 April 2017 - 06:25 AM

Ok, 

Back to the market today but it was really crap, I only picked up 2 machines out of the total 4 I saw today as the weather was a bit off and there's a referendum.  To be honest though one of the machines is a grail and I adore it!

This time I'll start off with what I didn't buy!

ITT Polo Cassette 220

Yellowed and a bit dated looking so I left this one where it was.

Attached File  DSC_0474.JPG   92.12K   1 downloads

Sony CFS-W480S

Not a bad machine admittedly but I have have enough 90s machines at the mo, plus the volume knob had been hacked on, was really stiff to turn.

Attached File  DSC_0475.JPG   92.93K   3 downloads

Boomboxes bought;

Daiwa 3D Compo 1430L

Looks to be a clone of the Sanyo I bought last week, 6 speaker system in a Mini format - nice looking unit.  Pretty loud too.  The only thing I can find about Daiwa is that they do fishing kit, more research is needed methinks.

Attached File  DSC_0477.JPG   85.3K   8 downloads

Sharp GF-767

Yep, you read that right, one of the Ultimate Grails decided to show up at the market.  I'd never seen one of these in the flesh until today, it's utterly massive!  Instantly my favourite box!  This is a really loud box with some lovely deep bass - easily a box you could listen to all day without fatigue. She's not perfect though, one antenna isn't original, some of the buttons on the front aren't original and the battery cover is missing but I don't care, I'm in love.

Attached File  DSC_0479.JPG   89.55K   7 downloads

A badass box. Full stop.

#64 T-STER

T-STER
  • Members
  • 1,424 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 16 April 2017 - 08:48 AM

Oh snap a 767 at the market!!!! Jeez that was fortunate you decided to go today.

I like that Daiwa to, dibs if you decide to sell it!

#65 fromNKLwithlove

fromNKLwithlove
  • Members
  • 302 posts
  • LocationFIN

Posted 16 April 2017 - 11:19 AM

767 nice catch!! Very nice boombox :cool:

#66 Northerner

Northerner
  • Members
  • 4,007 posts
  • LocationNorth East UK

Posted 16 April 2017 - 12:04 PM

Wow what a catch!

#67 FWSnake

FWSnake
  • Members
  • 230 posts
  • LocationOregon, USA

Posted 16 April 2017 - 02:07 PM

Damn, that's one of my dream boxes too! Lucky find once again

#68 Mystic Traveller

Mystic Traveller
  • Members
  • 1,005 posts
  • LocationSt. Petersburg, Russia

Posted 18 April 2017 - 03:43 PM

Great scores!  :thumbsup:

#69 KandiKlover

KandiKlover
  • Members
  • 58 posts

Posted 18 April 2017 - 08:30 PM

Wow some really nice units. Most of all of them with Shortwave Radio too. Very important feature (for me anyway) :p

#70 Sel The Don

Sel The Don
  • Members
  • 182 posts
  • LocationBursa, Turkey

Posted 19 April 2017 - 09:21 AM

Thank you again people. Feeling the love.

#71 Sel The Don

Sel The Don
  • Members
  • 182 posts
  • LocationBursa, Turkey

Posted 19 April 2017 - 11:32 AM

Oh snap a 767 at the market!!!! Jeez that was fortunate you decided to go today.

I like that Daiwa to, dibs if you decide to sell it!

The Daiwa is yours when I come to sell it mate :)

#72 Sel The Don

Sel The Don
  • Members
  • 182 posts
  • LocationBursa, Turkey

Posted 25 April 2017 - 06:18 AM

The weather was really crap on Sunday, raining cats and dogs. When I got there, there were literally 4 stalls. One had a boombox! Yay!
It's a Sanyo M2818L, a 2 way mono unit that looks really funky (photo off of the Internet). Very funky and pretty rare I think.

#73 Sel The Don

Sel The Don
  • Members
  • 182 posts
  • LocationBursa, Turkey

Posted 25 April 2017 - 08:01 AM

Double post.

#74 riker1068

riker1068
  • Members
  • 1,015 posts
  • LocationFLORIDA Jacksonville

Posted 26 April 2017 - 01:39 PM

767 is a cool box to have. love mine also.

#75 Sel The Don

Sel The Don
  • Members
  • 182 posts
  • LocationBursa, Turkey

Posted 07 May 2017 - 08:17 AM

So I'm back again after a week away in Istanbul. I think the sun hit me hard, I bought seven (yep, that's right) boxes.  Let's do dat shiat!

Polo/Matz (metz/motz?) MC-2XAA - A very cool looking 3 silver coloured 3-piece from a company I've never heard of, with an LED Graphic EQ, twin tape deck (one with auto reverse) and EQ. Any info about this would be much appreciated.

Attached File  IMG_1235.JPG   99.69K   2 downloads

Attached File  IMG_1236.JPG   133.98K   2 downloads

Attached File  IMG_1238.JPG   83.71K   2 downloads

ITT RC 6600 - A nice mid size silver coloured unit with a nice sound.

Attached File  IMG_1239.JPG   115.19K   1 downloads

Attached File  IMG_1240.JPG   68.09K   1 downloads

Telefunken Bajazzo Universal 401 - A really cool radio that has a tuner window that wraps around the top and front of the unit. Really cool looking.

Attached File  IMG_1241.JPG   103.58K   0 downloads

Attached File  IMG_1242.JPG   88.97K   0 downloads

Sharp GF-320BK - Another GF to add to the collection, nice small sized machine, good sound for it's size.

Attached File  IMG_1244.JPG   92.28K   1 downloads

Crown MZ-2100 - A humongous machine that has an humongous sound. LED VU Meters, 10 Band Graphic EQ and twin tape deck. Badass.

Attached File  IMG_1245.JPG   108.63K   1 downloads

Attached File  IMG_1246.JPG   102.69K   1 downloads

Attached File  IMG_1247.JPG   144.8K   1 downloads

Sharp GF-7474H - The second GF of the day, these machines sound out of this world! A really cool looking machine too, proper boombox style!

Attached File  IMG_1249.JPG   85.48K   2 downloads

Simtel SRC 3700 - This is a machine I saw a little while ago. I was definitely going to buy it this time round and I'm glad I did.  A REALLY cool looking machine in silver, black and red, plus the tuner scale is a sliding LED! So cool!

Attached File  IMG_1253.JPG   97.92K   1 downloadsAttached File  IMG_1254.JPG   85.03K   0 downloadsAttached File  IMG_1255.JPG   73.59K   0 downloads

#76 Radio-Active

Radio-Active
  • Members
  • 318 posts
  • LocationNorCal Redwood Coast

Posted 14 May 2017 - 02:27 AM

Badass! Those sliding leds are so rare and cool. Jealous again! Thanks for the updates

#77 Sel The Don

Sel The Don
  • Members
  • 182 posts
  • LocationBursa, Turkey

Posted 14 May 2017 - 11:25 AM

Ain't it just mate!  Fab little machine!

Sunday has rolled around again so it's time for the market!  I'm supposed to be selling some of my machines as I literally have no space but I just can't help myself!  I had to abandon half-way through as I promised the missus we'd go to the mountains for the day and I completely forgot. Heh!  Thankfully she called me as she knew where I'd be.

Right, here goes.

Sanyo M-X920K - Absolute stunner of a machine!  A gorgeous looking thing with brushed metal front. All complete and working - this has a really nice sound to it too. I also adore the way the tuner knob is weighted and carries on spinning a bit. Love it

Attached File  IMG_1300.JPG   92.72K   3 downloads

Fisher PH-W875L - I'm really starting to dig mini machines and this is no exception.  Metallic candy red with black and chrome - so damn rad!  Sounds pretty good for a mini.

Attached File  IMG_1304.JPG   100.12K   3 downloads

Conion C-124F - Another Conion to add to the collection but bloody hell it's so light!  It weighs as much as a caterpillar turd!  This is a unit that has fake tweeters, I might add some in to beef it up a bit hehe. Very very basic with radio and tape only, with a tone knob. Loud though.

Attached File  IMG_1302.JPG   98.48K   2 downloads

Toshiba RT-8035 - Yes, another mini, but this one is in sinister black! I got this for a good price which is why it came home with me. Unfortunately it has no power so I'll investigate later.

Attached File  IMG_1303.JPG   110.21K   1 downloads

I didn't get to take very many photos of what I left behind but there were a few big Sharps (why on Earth are they missing the cassette doors?) and a little Sharp, sorry, I didn't jot down model numbers.

Attached File  DSC_0538.JPG   123.43K   1 downloads

Attached File  DSC_0536.JPG   86.73K   1 downloads

Attached File  small one.gif   232.77K   1 downloads

Roll on next week!

#78 Ghettoboom767

Ghettoboom767
  • Members
  • 3,918 posts
  • LocationN.W. Tn.

Posted 14 May 2017 - 11:28 AM

A smorgasboard of boomboxes!! Wow!!πŸ˜¦πŸŽΆπŸŽΌπŸ˜ŽπŸ“»πŸ“»

#79 Sel The Don

Sel The Don
  • Members
  • 182 posts
  • LocationBursa, Turkey

Posted 14 May 2017 - 12:26 PM

Thanks mate :)

On the right-hand speaker cover is a badge that says FAE. I can't find this on any other photo of the 920K and the badge is on solid.
Is it original?
If so, what does it signify?

Attached Files

#80 fromNKLwithlove

fromNKLwithlove
  • Members
  • 302 posts
  • LocationFIN

Posted 14 May 2017 - 12:47 PM

Sanyo MX-920 IS GORGEOUS! I love it.Thanks for the pics again, i really enjoy them!

#81 Hisrudeness

Hisrudeness
  • Members
  • 1,458 posts
  • LocationSouth East London UK

Posted 14 May 2017 - 01:51 PM

On the right-hand speaker cover is a badge that says FAE. I can't find this on any other photo of the 920K and the badge is on solid.
Is it original?

Great score. You found this at the market?

Was FAE an electrical retailer in the 80s in Turkey or something?

#82 T-STER

T-STER
  • Members
  • 1,424 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 14 May 2017 - 02:22 PM

Damn man that 920 is gorgeous. Hit me  up at sale time!!

That really is a great find, a string of great finds to lately  :thumbsup:

The FAE Xirico radio was assembled in the Popular Republic of Mozambique by Electromoc EE enterprise at its "FAE - Fabrica de Aparelhos Electronicos" manufacturing plant, during the early 80's. The project and components were supplied by Stern Radio in German Democratic Republic (Xirico looks like a Stern Contura 2500/250R radio from outside, but they only share the cabinet looks, because the pcb layout, the schematics and the radio bands are different).

Found that on a different radio on radiomuseum

#83 Hisrudeness

Hisrudeness
  • Members
  • 1,458 posts
  • LocationSouth East London UK

Posted 14 May 2017 - 02:54 PM

That really is a great find, a string of great finds to lately  :thumbsup:
The FAE Xirico radio was assembled in the Popular Republic of Mozambique by Electromoc EE enterprise at its "FAE - Fabrica de Aparelhos Electronicos" manufacturing plant, during the early 80's. The project and components were supplied by Stern Radio in German Democratic Republic (Xirico looks like a Stern Contura 2500/250R radio from outside, but they only share the cabinet looks, because the pcb layout, the schematics and the radio bands are different).[/size]

Found that on a different radio on radiomuseum[/size]

I saw a listing last year for an M70 on eBay which is not unusual in itself. Two unusual things stood out. Firstly there was a nice red JVC tote bag case thing included on the listing but also when I zoomed into one of the pictures of the back of the box showing the suffix, it said that it was made under licence in Nigeria! Wasn't expecting that!

#84 T-STER

T-STER
  • Members
  • 1,424 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 14 May 2017 - 02:59 PM

Had another session on my 920 today Rudey but still no life :(

#85 Sel The Don

Sel The Don
  • Members
  • 182 posts
  • LocationBursa, Turkey

Posted 14 May 2017 - 03:02 PM

Sanyo MX-920 IS GORGEOUS! I love it.Thanks for the pics again, i really enjoy them!

Thank you mate! Yeah she's a stunner!

Is it original?

Great score. You found this at the market?

Was FAE an electrical retailer in the 80s in Turkey or something?

Yes mate, got this from the market this morning.

Looks like we've found what FAE means :)

:thumbsup:

That really is a great find, a string of great finds to lately  

The FAE Xirico radio was assembled in the Popular Republic of Mozambique by Electromoc EE enterprise at its "FAE - Fabrica de Aparelhos Electronicos" manufacturing plant, during the early 80's. The project and components were supplied by Stern Radio in German Democratic Republic (Xirico looks like a Stern Contura 2500/250R radio from outside, but they only share the cabinet looks, because the pcb layout, the schematics and the radio bands are different).

Found that on a different radio on radiomuseum

I'll let you know mate :)

Interesting info with regards to FAE, but this leads me to another question. Why would this logo from a manufacturer in Mozambique be doing on a machine that's built in Japan? 

I was going to say the logo isn't original but by the way it doesn't budge a millimetre it was put on there from the factory(ies).  Interesting.

#86 riker1068

riker1068
  • Members
  • 1,015 posts
  • LocationFLORIDA Jacksonville

Posted 15 May 2017 - 08:05 AM

This is a great thread  :thumbsup:

#87 Radio-Active

Radio-Active
  • Members
  • 318 posts
  • LocationNorCal Redwood Coast

Posted 21 May 2017 - 12:16 PM

I believe it was a refurbish by FAE at the time,or an employee of theirs at the time. Saw that badge before on a shortwave that seemed cleanly tampered with. I think a foreign car radio,too.They probably knew it was a better radio than the ones they made. I have some vintage TVs with refurbish badges,from when people cared to repair.

#88 Squablow

Squablow
  • Members
  • 25 posts
  • LocationSouth Central Brillion, Wisconsin

Posted 27 May 2017 - 01:35 PM

This is one of the threads that keeps me coming back here to check out what's new, so many boxes for sale at that market!   I'm not sure if I could pass so many up.   Thanks for all the pictures, including the ones you passed on.  Seems like missing doors are common in your area for some reason.

#89 ralrein1

ralrein1
  • Members
  • 956 posts
  • LocationShasta County in the real Northern Kalifornia

Posted 28 May 2017 - 01:37 PM

What? No more shenanigans. I'm hooked on this thread.

#90 MyOhMy

MyOhMy
  • Members
  • 1,883 posts
  • LocationSleaford, Lincolnshire, UK.

Posted 28 May 2017 - 02:49 PM

What? No more shenanigans. I'm hooked on this thread.

Me too!  :hmmm:  :sad: