Sunday Market Shenanigans

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sel The Don

Member (SA)
Jun 5, 2015
Bursa, Turkey
Every Sunday here there's a market where people come to sell their goods. 90% of it is turd but in between there's some gems to be found.

And lo.

Conion City Boy - In filthy condition but working perfectly, a good scrub up should bring this wee box back to looking fresh.
DSC_0238.JPG

Sanyo M9837KA - Never seen one of these before, a boombox with an analogue clock? Yes please, I think it looks stunning, especially in the flesh.
DSC_0239.JPG

Lasonic TRC-931 - Admittedly bought last week but it's so badass, one of my favourites! Needs a clean but working perfecty. It mostly still has the protective film over the plastics, yessss! (pictured with my Crown SZ5100SL).
DSC_0224.JPG

Technics SE-CH770 - Yes I know it's not a boombox but it was REALLY cheap and makes really nice sounding music. Coupled with some Technicss bookshelves I have makes for the perfect bedroom setup.
IMG-20170212-WA0003.jpeg

These are the other items I passed up on

Hitachi TRK 9150E - Price was a little steep on this one. An ungodly weighted little powerhouse. Had a few buttons missing also so ultimately walked away. Can anyone tell me what the little red plastic thing is on the tape keys? It doesn't move in or out but slid from side to side.
DSC_0234.JPG

Unknown model Toshiba - I already have the same on as this so I'll wait it out till next week and if it's there again I may pick it up for the right price. Really loud and clear, deep sound for it's size, would make a cool little two-box BBQ setup.
DSC_0237.JPG

National Panasonic Unknown Model - passed on this one as I didn't like the look of it.
DSC_0185.JPG

Random Monos - not really my thing so left these alone.
DSC_0235.JPG

SILVER make box - was a bit worse for wear and not really much of a looker so I passed.
DSC_0186.JPG

A cavalcade of crap - cheap Chinese and domestic market units. Nasty.
DSC_0236.JPG

I'll add to this thread as and when I pick more stuff up. If anyone wants to add their bargains here that's cool.

T-STER

Member (SA)
Jul 14, 2014
UK
I love these market threads so keep your pics coming!

I like that National Panny double cassette, I have a similar one with a busted function switch.

I think you scored all the best ones, the Santo with the clock is so cool.

caution

Member (SA)
Mar 25, 2014
Boomboxery
Sel The Don said:
Hitachi TRK 9150E - Price was a little steep on this one. An ungodly weighted little powerhouse. Had a few buttons missing also so ultimately walked away. Can anyone tell me what the little red plastic thing is on the tape keys? It doesn't move in or out but slid from side to side.
Looks like the speaker rings have detached, I can send you a new set :-)

-GZ-

Member (SA)
Oct 8, 2010
Boom Central
caution said:
Looks like the speaker rings have detached, I can send you a new set :-)
He didnt get that one

Sel The Don

Member (SA)
Jun 5, 2015
Bursa, Turkey
Caution - as GZ said I didn't end up buying the Hitachi. Nice looking unit though.

Normally the market is really big but as the weather is still a little cold it's not as good as it should be, normally you see loads of units, fingers crossed this Sunday will yield more buys. I buy 2 or 3 a week and now I'm starting to run out of space :)

Sel The Don

Member (SA)
Jun 5, 2015
Bursa, Turkey
im_alan_partridge said:
That would equal a life time (maybe 2) of boot sales and charity store searching round my way.

That City Boy is a pretty rare find :-)
I used to do pretty well at the car boot sales when I used to live in Leicester, thankfully though the pickings here in Turkey are much better as;
a: they don't want 'old' technology
b: blasters are sold for for really cheap, the city boy cost me 2 quid. :)

Sel The Don

Member (SA)
Jun 5, 2015
Bursa, Turkey
Update,

The weather was a bit crap this morning with light showers but I still managed to get out of bed and get myself to the market!

Pickings were a little thin on the ground as it obviously was't as busy but I still managed to buy a few boxes!

First up, Conion V-121-FLE - This is i really good condition with just a few sliders missing but as I have another one of these (without speakers) I'll just pinch a few bits to complete this one.
DSC_0259.JPG

HItachi TRK-3D5E - The first Hitachi 3D box I've bought. These are really cool looking boxes albeit mine is missing an aerial and one of the tapedoors doesn't open, a pretty easy fix.
DSC_0260.JPG

The rest of the boxes I didn't bother buying.

Regina 6500 - Cool looking thing with VUs etc but it didn't float my boat so I left it.
DSC_0258.JPG

Some crappy looking Chinese box - One word, Horrid.
DSC_0257.JPG

A few oldies - I really dig the Meridian radio but as it had too many buttons missing I left it, I might pick it up next week if it's there.
DSC_0255.JPG

Sony CFS-1200S - This is such a nice looking box. Compact, cool and a Sony but it's missing the tape buttons so she stayed where she was. Pretty gutted as I really liked this.
DSC_0254.JPG

Sanyo M9924 LU - Not a bad box, was very close to buying it but in the end decided against it.
DSC_0253.JPG

Sanyo Mono - Again, not bad but Monos are not my thing.
DSC_0252.JPG

A couple of domestic units - Crap.
DSC_0251.JPG

Spectra 3 Piece - another crappy box.
DSC_0250.JPG

Arcelik domestic box - Interesting one this, looks very much like the mini Tosh I saw last week but in gold. In pretty good condition, I should have bought this.
DSC_0249.JPG

Philips Big 'Ol Ugly - Big ugly Philips box that didn't appeal to me in the slightest
DSC_0248.JPG

Fingers crossed the weather next week is better and the market is bigger.

fromNKLwithlove

Member (SA)
Jan 8, 2015
FIN
Too bad it was raining, i hope the sun shines next sunday ;) No raining here atm(maby little snow), it's -13 degrees celcius :lol:

T-STER

Member (SA)
Jul 14, 2014
UK
Damn thats a lot of boxes!

Your lucky to have such a choice, I hunted high and low this weekend and all i found was a Hitachi 3d30 and a Hacker radio, and that was a good week!

Seems like with the right weather and some luck you should find some great boxes. That Conion you licked up is cool.

Status
Not open for further replies.