Keep my good omen or part with it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

trippy1313

Member (SA)
Jul 16, 2013
Seattle-Tacoma, WA
This is a question of superstition, omens and karma. Let me give you some background.

In 2008 I bought my first home at the age of 22. I had been looking for about a year at the time. After looking for a while I finally realized the only way to finance a house was to sell my Mitsubishi 3000gt VR4. It was a really hard thing to do, because I could only sell it for less than half of what in had into it. But I did. Sold it for 12k, and paid off the loan I had on it.

A couple months later, I bought the house. Fast forward a year. I'm doing some yardwork, about to trim a tree in the backyard, and I notice there's a birdhouse in it. I've never seen this birdhouse before, neither had my then girlfriend (now wife). And I notice this birdhouse.... is a Mitsubishi birdhouse! Has a huge Mitsubishi diamond on it, and plate that says "MITSUBISHI" on it. I couldn't believe it, I'd never seen this before.

It HAD to be a sign. We had physically looked at literally (I mean literally) over 30 houses before buying this house. Been in contract for 3 others before this one. There's no way it wasn't a sign.

Now fast forward to now. I'm selling my house. We moved about 6 months ago and I'm finally selling it. 5 days on the market and we are pending! Woohoo!

My question and dilemma... What do I do with the birdhouse? Do I take it with me, or leave it for the new owners? And if i take it, do I take it now, or after the sale closes? I just don't know.

This seems silly maybe, and I'm only mildly superstitious, but there's no way this birdhouse wasn't a sign. I'll have to post pictures of it and maybe my old car later.

blu_fuz

Staff member
Jun 3, 2009
WI
Take some great pictures of it and print a special photo enlarged to hang inside at your new place!

trippy1313

Member (SA)
Jul 16, 2013
Seattle-Tacoma, WA
I don't think I've ever seen a bird in it. And honestly while it looks really cool. Its kind of old looking. I'll try to take some pics next time I'm over there.

Fatdog

Staff member
May 3, 2009
MyOhMy said:
Nah, leave it where it is. If it is such a good omen then it'll be a positive force for the new owners of your house just like it was for you.
I totally agree. Something led you to your first house and you didn't make the connection for a year. Likewise, you will be led to your next house by some unseen force. You will eventually learn why.

trippy1313

Member (SA)
Jul 16, 2013
Seattle-Tacoma, WA
Yeah, you guys confirmed my instinct. I also kinda feel if I take it, I may be stuck and not allowed to move forward. Or cause some bad mojo for myself or the buyers.

I like the picture idea, maybe I'll take a couple good photos of it to remember the story by.

Lasonic TRC-920

Feb 16, 2010
Naples, Italy
Hey Trippy, that is indeed TRIPPY!

Mine and wifes story....not far off of yours....

We move into the house we have been renting for the last 5 years....
In the master closet is a little 12 inch tall water fountain. It looks like a terracotta jar with handles on it. The front of it is suppose to be "broken" out exposing the little water fall. It had lamp electrical in it, but no bulb and no water pump. Strangely, I had the EXACT size pump in an old box from 20 years ago. So I rebuilt the pump and lamp and for the last 5 years it has been running on a shelf in our rental house.

Wife asked as we were packing up to go to Italy "Are we taking it with us?". I said "I don't know". I went to go drain it and when I looked at it up close again, I realized it really looks like something you would see in Pompeii. I don't have a picture, but I will get one when we get moved. So I told her, hell, lets take it.

So, I don't know. Maybe rebuilding that little fountain and running it for 5 years led to us moving to Italy!

I say take the birdhouse with you! :-D :-D :-D

Ghettoboom767

Member (SA)
May 6, 2009
USA
That's really cool Ken! But if the car served you good and if the bird house is something that you may be attached to or if there's a good place to hang it at the new house bring it with you.
But if there was a bird living there over this last summer the bird may be coming back.
I would maybe bring it with you if no inhabitants recently.😋😎

trippy1313

Member (SA)
Jul 16, 2013
Seattle-Tacoma, WA
Ghettoboom767 said:
That's really cool Ken! But if the car served you good and if the bird house is something that you may be attached to or if there's a good place to hang it at the new house bring it with you.
But if there was a bird living there over this last summer the bird may be coming back.
I would maybe bring it with you if no inhabitants recently.😋😎
The car was actually mostly a nightmare. I loved it but it was more headache than pleasure. But purchasing it (picked it up from CA to WA) and owning it was a big step in my life that led to the next big step in my life, selling it to buy the house. And eventually starting my family in that house.

Lasonic TRC-920

Feb 16, 2010
Naples, Italy
trippy1313 said:
I would maybe bring it with you if no inhabitants recently.
The car was actually mostly a nightmare. I loved it but it was more headache than pleasure. But purchasing it (picked it up from CA to WA) and owning it was a big step in my life that led to the next big step in my life, selling it to buy the house. And eventually starting my family in that house.
There is one of those here in Italy for sale, twin turbo. Looks to be in good condition, but I don't need a PIA to work on right now

trippy1313

Member (SA)
Jul 16, 2013
Seattle-Tacoma, WA
Lasonic TRC-920 said:
I would maybe bring it with you if no inhabitants recently.
There is one of those here in Italy for sale, twin turbo. Looks to be in good condition, but I don't need a PIA to work on right now

The twin turbo is the only way to go. With it's all-wheel-drive it'll throw you back and fly.

If you're pretty mechanically inclined, which I know you are, they really aren't that bad. My problem was I bought a fully modded one that had some issues I should have noticed, but didn't cause I was so set to get it.

If I were do get another, I would buy it stock and obviously maintained.

Status
Not open for further replies.