38 replies to this topic

#31 stevenrob

stevenrob
  • Members (SA)
  • 275 posts
  • LocationFrance, North

Posted 17 February 2017 - 04:45 PM

Hello,

I have tested : the amplifier seems to be OK :-) . A cool guy from Sri Lanka,  Dilshan Jayakody, is also helping me, he's very patient  :yes:

The 2 vu-meter only works with tape deck, not with radio, but I think it is normal.

There is a problem with light bulbs of the 2 vu-meter : I have removed the light bulbs because they were dead. there is + and - (look at photo) but there is electricity on +  and - too. I have study the service manual (I have tried). The 314 is the + of the lights bulbs and the 315 is -.  The 314 and 315 plug  to  M414 and M415 on the amplifier board.  But there is electricity coming from M415 and it is not normal.

Now, I wait for a new spring for the tape deck (a factory will make exactly the same for me but it is expensive  for a peace of iron  30 usd :jawdrop: ). 

I would like to put a little spring. If someone has a photo.

For Superlew : it is ok for you ? 

Attached Files

#32 superlew

superlew
  • Members (SA)
  • 1,087 posts
  • LocationWoburn, MA

Posted 18 February 2017 - 04:41 AM

Thanks, stevenrob - That's perfect!

Now to source a replacement. I'm heading to FL for a little while, so I'll get back to it when I return.

Again, thank you. You just posted the best pic of the switch on the whole internet - and, from what I've heard, the internet is pretty big. :w00t:

#33 IVH

IVH
  • Members (SA)
  • 58 posts

Posted 21 February 2017 - 05:27 PM

Concerning the VU meters, on some boxes they don't act as VU meters when it is set to radio. But as signal strength meters :)

#34 Reli

Reli
  • Boomus Fidelis
  • 5,595 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 21 February 2017 - 08:27 PM

The VU's on the Telefunken only work when the deck is playing or recording

#35 stevenrob

stevenrob
  • Members (SA)
  • 275 posts
  • LocationFrance, North

Posted 22 February 2017 - 09:35 AM

Hi,

you're right !  It is strange. I'm a newbie in lectronic, so I change a lot of capacitors. I hope I could repair the problem of lights.

#36 stevenrob

stevenrob
  • Members (SA)
  • 275 posts
  • LocationFrance, North

Posted 27 February 2017 - 01:20 AM

Hi,

after changing a lot of parts... The light is OK. I prefer leds (with) for their long life. The spot effect seems to be strong on photo but it is an illusion. 

Attached Files

#37 stevenrob

stevenrob
  • Members (SA)
  • 275 posts
  • LocationFrance, North

Posted 05 March 2017 - 02:08 AM

Hello,

you know perhaps that my boombox works fine. But it remains this strange part and I don't know its position.

best fregards

Attached Files

#38 superlew

superlew
  • Members (SA)
  • 1,087 posts
  • LocationWoburn, MA

Posted 12 March 2017 - 06:50 AM

I thought it might be part of the deck, but it's not.

I'm pretty sure it's a variation of this bracket.:

Attached File  20170312_083330.jpg   40.64K   3 downloads

It secures the front of the large board for the deck. It looks like your version clears the grounded plate above and secures to the front plate of the amp/pre-amp.:

Attached File  SANY1115.1.jpg   121.75K   2 downloads

I've noticed several design variations across the HiFi Studio spectrum as I've been following other threads while I work on my own.

#39 stevenrob

stevenrob
  • Members (SA)
  • 275 posts
  • LocationFrance, North

Posted 13 March 2017 - 01:34 AM

Ok, I'm going to study this system