G'day Peoples!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey all. I've been lurking on here for about 48 hours and figured I better introduce myself. :-P
I'm Benny and I'm from Tasmania in Aus, but have been living in Japan for around 6 years.
Being born in 77 and living in a place with tonnes of 70s/80s stereos, I figured it was about time I jumped onboard and added to my addiction of 80s stuff.
I spent 10 years as an Electrolux service tech, so I get the basics, but Stereos are another story, and I will be needing some help no doubt!!

I will soon post up my first project / retro mod (when it arrives, lol)
Starting off on the cheap end with an RT-S83 Toshi. Basically because they're often selling here for $5-20 dollars, so no shortage of donors.

Thanks to all for posting some great tech Q and A!!

Cheers, Benny. :rock:

T-STER

Member (SA)
Jul 14, 2014
UK
Welcome man, your in the right place to collar plenty of rare beasts so take advantage while you can.

Hope you enjoy your stay, both here and there :rock:

Thankyou!
Here are a couple of pics, I also picked up a very neat TPR 820 during the week.
The toshiba is pretty gritty, but surprisingly has no scratches on it anywhere. Just very dirty, and some of the coating has rubbed off around the knobs. (painting the whole thing with template sticker set to go around the knobs)

Status - Toshiba - Tape drives work (belts will need replacing) but output on all modes is static when you move the pots, no sound other than that. Selectors are crunchy with dirt and grit.
Maybe some contact cleaning, will begin the pull down on the weekend.

Aiwa, All working perfectly, looks great, other than no love from the tape deck. No drive, only a slight hum.(not motor sound) Motor? Contacts? I'll get onto that one after the toshiba.

I'll post them up in the project area as I go.

Cheers, Benny.

Status
Not open for further replies.