Video DEMO of added strap & bumper bars for my 2nd DISCO 777Z DESTOROYAH!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cpl-Chronic

Member (SA)
May 14, 2012
Windsor, Ontario, CANADA
The bars are very sturdy & will protect the face of the unit, in the event of it tipping forward...

Good to have when you're modified beast weighs 32 Lbs.... :bang:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3dvs-Ze7Dv0

:thumbsup: :rock:

blu_fuz

Staff member
Jun 3, 2009
WI
Oh my gawd, you have a 32# blaster hanging off my strap! Hahahaha, good thing I made them a little stronger than they needed to be.

That 777 is a beast!

Northerner

Member (SA)
Apr 16, 2012
North West UK
Best video ever!...love the whole silent movie vibe going on...cool to finally see the CPL in the flesh...you look almost normal :-) :-) :-)

Back on topic tho...you've made that thing pretty rugged...nice!

Cpl-Chronic

Member (SA)
May 14, 2012
Windsor, Ontario, CANADA
blu_fuz said:
Oh my gawd, you have a 32# blaster hanging off my strap! Hahahaha, good thing I made them a little stronger than they needed to be.

That 777 is a beast!
Ha! Yeah! I have your rainbow strap clipped to 2 army quick-clasp straps that are actually run through the sidebars of the bumper handles...I scalped the handles from a Venturer World band radio...the thing is a heap of crap but the handles were awesome once you cut them down to fit your application...

I'll take some pics & post them shortly to show what I'm talking about....the army straps actually fit behind the bars of the side handles & are anchored to the body that way...very strong & could probably handle weights above 50 lbs, EACH!! each side clips to the strap you made me with no extra hardware at all....BAM!!!

I got the Side handle bumpers from this radio...I literally bought it for the handles, ripped it apart, cut the handles down to fit the sides of the 777 & threw the rest of the radio in front of a pickup truck....jk!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zVeZ2MdhGF4&t=13s

the end...

Status
Not open for further replies.